RWBY - [Chapter 6] - The Bully and the Knight

(3RD POV)

Y/N along with Team RWBY and PNR are watching Jeanne sparring with Cardin but latter has proven to be overpowering his opponent. She charges forward in hopes of striking a hit only for Cardin to jump out of the way. Jeanne looks back surprised as a mace swept through the air and smash onto her shield, sending the shield and Jeanne herself flying through the air. Disarmed to only her sword, she desperately tried to counter back but the blade had locked on with the mace's hilt. Cardin began towering himself over her, forcing Jeanne onto one knee.

"This is the part where you lose." Cardin taunted.

"Over my dead bod-!" Jeanne began but was kneeled in the guts.

Jeanne was cut short as Cardin shot an unsuspecting attack, making Jeanne drop her sword and fall to the ground in pain. Cardin raised his mace above her head and prepared to slam it down on the fallen Jeanne but the light's flashed along with a buzzer and Goodwitch's voice causing him to stop.

"Mister Winchester, that's enough!"

"Students, as you can see, Miss Arc's aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-styled duel, this would indicate that Miss Arc is no longer fit for battle and that the official may call the match. Miss Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your scroll during combat. Gauging you aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack or when it is better to move to a more...defensive strategy."

"Speak for yourself..." Cardin muttered.

Professor Goodwitch turns to the seated and standing audience students, Yang was punching the air in anticipation, Weiss is shaking her fists with an excited smile, Ruby was shaking in complete enthusiasm while squealing softly, Blake was indifferent and as for Y/N, he was also indifferent.

"Remember, students, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before students from other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale!" She ended.

The bell rings and the students began leaving while Jeanne is still sitting on the floor hanging his head in shame while Pyrrha watched on sadly. The scene soon changes...

---------------------------------------

To a zoom-up scene of Nora Valkyrie's turquoise eyes as she recounted a story to her audience.

"SO! There we were, in the middle of the night..."

"It was day." Rin said.

Everyone had a different expression, Blake was lost in her book, Yang was paying attention with a cupped face, Weiss was ignoring the story as she filed her nails, Ruby and Pyrrha are listening and Jeanne is messing with her meal. Y/N was still...indifferent though his attention is slightly on Nora but was focused somewhere else.

"We were surrounded by Ursai..." Nora continued.

"They were beowolves." Rin interjected.

"Dozens of them!"

She screams while standing on the table.

"Two of them." Rin interrupted.

"But they were no match...and in the end, Rin and I took them down and made a boatload of lien, selling ursa skin rugs!" Nora concluded.

*Sigh* "She's been having the same dream for almost a month now." Rin said in an exasperated tone.

"Jeanne? Are you okay?" Pyrrha asked with concern.

"Huh? Oh, yeah! Perfectly! Why?" She replied in haste.

"It's just that you seem a little...not okay..." Ruby implied.