Chapter II

It has been a year since Naruto met the sage, and already his training increased over a thousandfold. He was most commonly seen training, and would do so for hours upon hours on end. The four departed pulled no punches in training.

Naruto fell flat on his back, exhausted from the physical training that Hashirama and Mito made him perform.

Taijutsu forms, running, push-ups, and more, all with several kilos of weight worth of resistance hindering his movements.

Naruto had a lot of stamina, but even he could only last so long on such a ridiculous training regiment.

You know, Naruto, you'll never be able to reach your peak if all you do is sit around. Madara lounged on a nearby chair. And I have to thank you for making this place a mansion. Can you imagine the disgust and all of the emotions flowing through me when I found myself, not in a position where my plans would have succeeded, but in a sewer, not only with my rival, but also the man who killed my brother?

Yeah yeah, I get it Madara, you're comfy, I'm not. Naruto dryly responded. Tobirama then approached him, and said, Naruto, you should really get some sleep. It's 21:00 and the academy begins at 8:00. Also, Madara, how many times do I have to say that what happened to Izuna was to prevent anything else and to stop the bloodshed?

Cut the crap, Tobirama. I still wish that I could've gotten you before the Kinkaku force did. Madara rose from his seat and stalked towards Tobirama.

Oh would you two just shut up for once? It's almost like a play with how dramatic you two are. Mito stated with a large gram of annoyance thrown in. The two wisely shut up and returned to where they were before.

Oh to the sage, thank you granny Mito, thank you. Naruto was so relieved that there was a person who could quell the frequent arguments that occurred within his head. Madara and Hashirama, Kurama and Madara, Kurama and Hashirama, Tobirama and Madara, oh how there was no end to the fighting and bickering. Regardless, they all did work together like the sage wanted them to, so that was good.

Tobirama decided that he would eventually teach him the flying thunder god jutsu. As of now, he taught Naruto the fundamentals of jutsu matrices and how they could be manipulated for desired effects.

Hashirama taught Naruto swordplay, along with a taijutsu form.

Madara elected to teach Naruto ninjutsu and general genjutsu that, while aided by the sharingan, could be performed without seals, instead with a simple trigger, like a finger or sound.

As of now, though, the only thing that Naruto could do was physical training due to the fact that his chakra nodes were so immature that trying to awaken them had a sizable risk of blowing him up from the inside, which greatly frustrated him. Thankfully, the odds would lower as he aged.

All of this wasn't good for Naruto, and his first day of the academy was tomorrow.

Hiruzen suggested that Naruto hide his skill so Danzo wouldn't seek him out, but Naruto rejected that idea firmly. Hiruzen denied him access to the early graduation program, though.

It'd be much easier if he was recognised from the start, anyways.

The next day, Naruto woke up, ate breakfast, changed into brown shorts and an orange shirt.

Walking to the academy, Naruto reflected on how much his life changed, and how he changed in only a year. He was quieter, and he didn't stand out as much. He decided that pranking was too good to let go, and firmly subscribed to the theorem that actions spoke louder than words.

Naruto was interrupted from his musings by a large amount of pain and the feeling of stone on his back.

In his mind, Kurama growled as red aura- his overwhelming chakra pooled around him in waves. Naruto's eyes turned red, a vertical slit within. If this idiot thinks that he can take us down, then he's in for a rough day. Even if Naruto was not ready for chakra use, that didn't mean that he couldn't use others chakra augmenting his body.