Chapter III

Naruto looked on in awe as he gazed upon the Uchiha district. Massive, ornate gates with the clan crest as a banner, a two part fan with a white handle and the main body of the fan was red. with a shopping district, training areas, the police HQ, and housing. To Naruto, it almost seemed like a small, scaled down version of the leaf.

"Hello there, enjoying the view?" Naruto jumped and turned around to find an Uchiha who was looking at him with a cheeky grin. He had short, unkempt black hair and black eyes. He wore a high collared navy shirt with a tanto strapped to his back. He donned tan shorts and standard issue shoes.

"Yeah, I am. What about you?"

"I'm fine, but who are you? You don't fit the build of an Uchiha, what with those golden locks and striking blue eyes."

"Oh, I'm here because someone named Itachi wanted me here. I'm just waiting around for him. But if you want, I'm fine with staying with you for a while."

"Oh, the clan head's kid. Yeah, I'll go show you to him."

"Thanks, but, what is your name? I don't like being escorted by people I don't know."

"My name is Shisui Uchiha. I see young me in you, but that'll be for another time. What's your name?"

"My name is Naruto. It's nice to meet you, Shisui!"

"Thanks kid. Anyways, shall we go? It'll be fine, I promise."

"Alright, fine. Let's go."

At the clan head's house, Naruto and Shisui saw Sasuke and Sayuri playing with Itachi, where he was throwing toy shuriken at them and they were trying to avoid them. Shisui coughed, and Itachi smiled.

"It seems that you've accepted my request, Naruto. It's nice to see you here."

"Yeah, thanks Itachi, it's nice to be here." Naruto beamed, and Sayuri looked on at him,with a small red tint strewn across her cheeks. Naruto met her gaze, albeit hesitantly. "Hi Sayuri, it's always nice to see you."

Awww, how cute. So baby Naruto has a potential crush, hm? Hashirama wore narrowed eyes and a smug grin.

I'm not a baby! I'm a functioning six year old! Naruto yelled back in embarrassment.

But to me you are a baby. So, since I'm older, I get final say. Hashirama kept his amused smile and reclined in his chair.

You're a tyrant, Hashi! This is unfair treatment! I demand- Naruto was cut off from his rant when Mito ran behind him and put her hand over his face. He stopped, sighed, and vanished.

"So that was a nice trip, huh, Itachi?" Shisui's voice lifted an air of amusement around it.

"Oh yeah, that was amazing. It's always nice to see what other people are li-"

"Oh hey I'm back. What did I miss?" Everyone turned their head to Naruto and continued. And they just kept staring. And staring.

"So is anyone here going to tell me about what's happening right now or are you going to stand around like some trees?" At this, it seemed like they were freed from their shackles, and all sheepishly laughed.

"Nothing happened. Nothing that you need to know about. But I do have a question-" Shisui was rendered unable to finish his sentence.

"What is it?"

"-for you Naruto, and please let me finish." Naruto pouted, but let him continue. "Why were you blanking out? You just sat there like a statue, and even when I fake punched you, you just ... sat there. You didn't even flinch."