Chapter 35

Naruto had had to come to terms with the fact that he was fighting a losing battle very quickly.

Sasuke was already a level above him, and whatever drug Orochimaru gave him boosted his abilities by a noticeable margin.

Sasuke punched Naruto off of Madara's head and kicked him into the river below.

They both hit the water.

Sasuke fired a bolt of lightning at him, and Naruto narrowly dodged it.

Naruto wasn't anywhere near as smart, and Sasuke had recently made a habit of running circles around him when they sparred.

But there was one thing he had, one thing that he knew Sasuke didn't have any sort of answer to even after years of training side-by-side.

An unending amount of cannon fodder.

Naruto formed a massive horde of clones, numbering nearly three hundred, and made a hand seal.

Bird.

He fired a large wind blade at Sasuke, while popping all of his own clones.

He ducked, and Naruto took the opportunity to start throwing things through the smoke-screen.

A lot of things.

Shuriken, knives, senbon, javelins, the works.

Sasuke dodged most of them, but some were able to hit him.

The ones that didn't detonated, and while Sasuke could deflect the fire, the shockwaves remained.

Sasuke was hurled into Madara's shin, and black marks started to coat his body.

Naruto, in response, started sprouting tails.

One, two, three vermillion tails erupted from him.

Sasuke spewed out a wave of fire, which Naruto let engulf him.

Naruto rushed through the flames.

Choji huffed and nearly fell over.

This guy was strong. Really strong.

When his skin turned red, he instantly downed Ino and Shikamaru.

Choji had already eaten two Akimichi specialty pills, and the pain was unimaginable. No words could describe it.

"Hmph. Seems like your pathetic friends weren't good enough," the teen taunted.

Choji's anger spiked.

Choji reached into his pouch, and pulled out a red sphere.

If you eat this red pill, Choji, you will not survive. Don't do it unless...

Jirobo dashed at him.

Choji bit into the pill, and swallowed it.

...you have something that you're willing to die for!

Chakra surged within him, and he stopped Jirobo dead in his tracks.

"You made a mistake," he said. "You insulted my first friend. And for that, you're dead."

He flipped Jirobo onto his back and stood above him.

He tuned out the teen's babbles and cries for mercy and focused every last shred of chakra he could into his hand.

"I will never forgive you for what you just did. Even if you insulted me, took my food, left me to hang for a couple of hours, those I can forgive. But you've just crossed the one line I have. So take this."