Chapter V

So I'm finally going to learn something about how to actually use my chakra after what, 2 years of you living rent free in my head? Naruto smiled.

Alright, but don't get too excited. Right now we're only working on control. This stuff is the basics, so we're not going too far into the elements right now. Tobirama sighed. Well, better late than never. Start walking up that tree. Naruto blinked. Once. Twice. What? How am I going to . . . alright fine. How do I start?

Concentrate chakra to the soles of your feet. We'll help you for now, but tell me when it feels . . . right. Hashirama scratched his head. Well, get going. 

So Naruto did. At first it felt like a thin layer of water coated his feet. As he added more and more, the chakra felt stronger, and he tried to walk up the trunk. He slipped, and fell flat on his back. He grunted and tried again, but with more chakra. As he stepped up the trunk, the pressure blew open the trunk, leaving a massive hole in the bark, as wood chips burst forth. An orange fox nudged Naruto's head with its snout.

Ok, let's try that again. A little bit less. Naruto was forcefully ejected from the tree, which promptly exploded. Naruto sighed.

Ok, you're doing this all wrong. Tobirama sighed after 3 hours of attempts bore no fruit. Naruto slipped off of the tree he was currently trying to reach the top of. Naruto let out a pitiful breath. Alright then, what am I doing wrong? Naruto scowled in frustration.

Let me ask you, Naruto. Do you think that a thin layer of chakra is going to allow you to walk against gravity? Naruto gave no reply. You're not utilising your chakra effectively. You are using your chakra in such a way that you are repelling your chakra from that of the tree. Naruto's furrowed brows invited Tobirama to continue. Ok. Let's say you have two magnets. If you orient them both correctly, they will repel each other. That's what you're doing. Your chakra is pushing against the tree's flow, and thus are both pushing out. What you should be doing is change the way that you emit your chakra to stick together, so you can stay on the tree and continuously walk up. With practice, you will be able to do this instantly. Naruto nodded, as he mentally prepared for the final try.

The first step was the most difficult. Naruto had to consciously focus on forming just enough chakra onto the tree. Naruto found that he had to form a solid layer around his heel, while also sticking his chakra onto that of the tree.

Go with the flow, not against it.

As he walked up, he discovered that the layer around his heel was unnecessary. After a few tries to discern how much chakra was necessary, he made it to the top.

Holy crap, finally. Naruto sighed in relief as he lay the bough. 

Alright, let's do that, but this time on water! Hashirama cheered.

Nooooooo!

And so it was! With the foundations of how to walk on surfaces not meant to be walked on, it was smooth sailing to achieve the balance and sensitivity needed to walk, and even run on the lake's surface.

Ok, that's impressive progress. I'm going to arrange kunai here in the floor. I need you to walk on them, alright? Madara rose from the couch and snapped his fingers, conjuring kunai face-up on a vast array upon the carpet.

Alright, but how come we couldn't do it like this sooner? I could've walked on the walls and the pool, so what gives? Naruto touched at his temple. He manifested on a chair.

It was great fun watching you struggle. Madara grinned. Naruto sighed. Well, whatever. Let's get this over with.

It hurt. It hurt a lot. "Ow, ow ow ow!" Naruto's foray into walking onto sharp pointy things had symptoms such as but not limited to: impaling his feet on sharp knives, slicing the soles of his feet open, and falling into said sharp knives. Naruto blessed every second when he was forced to dodge Hashi's exploding wooden dragons since he didn't get kunai in brain every time he failed, instead just cuts on his face, which he healed instantly and weren't that painful.

"You're doing great, and you're learning this really fast," Madara snickered. Naruto could feel the sarcasm that dripped from every word. Naruto tripped and fell, his body fitting the outline of the kunai just barely where he sustained no injuries. He grumbled and got up to try again.

Madara suddenly, inexplicably shivered as Mito began to approach his back, a glint of death visible within her eyes. She stalked towards him, and placed her hand on his shoulder.

"You would do well to not deliver vaguely passive-aggressive insults at my descendant when I'm within sight of you." Madara whipped around and stumbled backward, his face aghast. An ethereal deep blue ribcage surrounded him as he continuously moved backward.

Mito continued to move forward, as her hands glowed with a bright blue light. He whimpered and continued to step back, an alarmed expression filling his face. A skull, spine, and arms sprouted from the rib cage. The glow from Mito's hands only intensified as she moved to strike the skeleton that enveloped Madara. He looked at Naruto as the skeleton began to manifest flesh, but Naruto's scathing glare gave him an obvious warning, as the flesh receded. The Susano'o.

Naruto blinked in shock as he watched the susano'o break in one hit. It didn't crack, it didn't break partially, the whole thing just shattered like glass under the force of the punch. Of course, this came along with the side-effect of cracking the floor.

"Hey, wait just a moment. Let's talk about this, alright?" Madara chuckled a little bit. "There's no need to be hostile here, alright?" Mito didn't back down. "Well, at least I tried." And with that, Madara fled, with Mito in hot pursuit. Naruto snickered at what had just unfolded before his eyes and tentatively placed his first foot onto the kunai. A light glow appeared on the point of impact. The second foot, but this time three kunai were lined up onto where he would step. One glow. Two. Three.

"Success!" Naruto cheered after a few moments. He started to jump around all over the area of kunai, testing the limits of his new ability. Tobirama entered the hall.

"Huh. Everyone's gone." He turned and saw Naruto bouncing around on the kunai. "What happened here?" He gestured towards the cracks in the floor.

"Ah yes. Okay, so Mito snapped and is currently chasing Madara to maybe hurt him really badly." As Naruto snapped his fingers and the floor repaired itself instantaneously. Tobirama nodded.

"Alright, whatever. I'm gonna go back to sleep." Tobirama ruffled Naruto's hair and left.

"Bye, Tobirama!" Naruto waved enthusiastically. Before Naruto's eyes, the world shifted and distorted as he was transported to the training ground. He shook his head to rid himself of the vertigo as he got up. He swore that a shadow darted out of the corner of his eye.

"Well, time to go check out the show. I want to see what I can pick up from these pranking legends." Naruto grinned as he bound towards the village square, discreetly applying an illusion to change his face. He didn't like this, as he liked to display his true self because it was fun, but in a situation like this, he had no choice, so he sighed and did it.

"Welcome, one and all!" The announcer called. Naruto watched, enraptured as the jesters displayed a string trap; a way to create a physical 'illusion' with string. I wonder if that would work with wire, Naruto thought, as he heard a crash. He whipped around, and saw nothing. He closed one eye, and entered the mansion, while keeping an eye on his surroundings.

Wait wait wait. Naruto had hugged Mito. We can talk about this. She continued to resist as Naruto's eyes widened. You know that I want you guys to get along. Please! Mito stilled, the glow fading from her hands as she regained composure. Naruto left and vision in his eyes returned to normal.

"Alright, show's over!" And with that, a large quantity of deep purple pellets rained on to the stage, as smoke obscured the stage. When it dispersed, they were gone. Naruto sighed and got up. He looked back and smiled slightly. Maybe I could use that sometime. Probably not, though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back!

And with something new!

Updates will be weekly on Friday from now on.

Review! Leave your thoughts! Please!

Until next time,

(._.)