Chapter 33

I'm going to protect grandpa's village!

A deafening explosion rang across the field.

I can't, can't die... ngh... I've got... too much... to do.

Shut up and just stay STILL! I'm trying to heal you here!

She wanted to see them again, see them smile, grab them and hug them tightly.

But...

Why keep running?

That boy, Naruto. It almost felt like he had something, some spark in him just like Nawaki, like Dan.

Tsunade glared, and charged at Orochimaru.

He cut his hand, and she hesitated.

Damn it! Even after all these years...

Suddenly she was on the backfoot, ducking under slashes from Kimimaro and Orochimaru.

Seems like Orochi was pretty diligent in training him...

She stomped on Kimimaro's foot and punched him away.

His foot was still connected to him, instead of being completely torn off at the joint.

Annoying shit, he made armour.

She turned to head Orochimaru off, but he caught her with a stab to her chest.

Ow, that hurt. She stomped the floor to give herself a bit of space, and then remembered why Orochimaru had always backed her up in close combat.

His neck stretched out, slashing her throat out.

She coughed twice, and she grabbed his face, slamming it into the floor.

She grabbed her own throat and began to heal her oesophagus and larynx.

"Ugh. Always been a creepy fucker, huh, Orochimaru?"

Orochimaru crawled out of the ground. "That sounds accurate. I mean, neither you nor Jiraiya really had much problem with it until the child experimentation came out."

Shizune caught up and launched a salvo of poisoned senbon at Orochimaru's exposed back.

Kimimaro shot some bones out of his fingertips, which deflected the needles.

Orochimaru breathed out a wave of fire that Kimimaro fired bones through.

A wave of water coalesced from the air and clashed with the wave.

What? Just like Tobirama?

Naruto touched down on the floor, Jiraiya and Sayuri following after.

Orochimaru motioned to Kimimaro, who fled. Naruto and Sayuri chased after him.

Orochimaru cracked his neck before biting his thumb. He, and the other Sannin, began to weave seals.

Boar- Dog- Bird- Monkey- Ram.

Summoning! Katsuyu!

Her slug familiar appeared in a puff of smoke.

Hello, Tsunade. What are you summoning me here for?

Hey, Katsuyu. We're fighting Orochimaru.

"Been a while, Orochimaru. Where are my sacrifices?" Manda asked.

"Oh, don't be like that, Manda. I'll have them lined up by the end of the day."

"I've been looking for a new snakeskin wallet!" Gamabunta said, drawing his sword.

"You got it, Bunta! Let's go!"