Chapter 2

"Go head up to the top of the building to get your ninja ID photo done," Hiruzen stated while signing another mission report.

The door burst open and a boy wearing a yellow shirt and a long blue scarf.

"Fight me, you old geezer!" the boy exclaimed, holding a single wooden shuriken, and tripped on his scarf.

"No, Konohamaru, I won't."

Naruto shook his head despairingly, and turned to the stairs.

"Hey!" The sudden sound caused Naruto to whip around, kunai in hand. "You tripped me!"

"Yeah, so what?"

"I'm the Hokage's grandson!" the boy exclaimed, smug. "He could have you arrested for hurting me!"

"I'll say it again. So what if you're the Hokage's grandson?" He pointed to himself with a blank face. "Besides, does it look like I give a flying crap?"

A man with black shades and all black clothing barged in. "Ah, there you are, young Master! Come with me!"

Konohamaru threw his shuriken at the man, which was easily caught. "Screw you, Ebisu. You're totally lame!"

"That doesn't matter though. Do you want to be Hokage or not? Remember, I'm your best chance at getting the hat!"

Naruto interjected. "You and I both know that becoming strong enough to be Hokage has no shortcuts."

Ebisu sneered. "What would you know about that, you brat?"

Naruto placed his hand on Ebisu's back. "A lot more than you, that's for sure."

Konohamaru's eyes shone with stars. "That's so cool! Can you teach me that?"

Naruto snorted. "Sure, but not today. I have some stuff I need to deal with." Konohamaru nodded vigorously.

"I'll hold you to that," Konohamaru paused. "Um, what's your name?"

Naruto had to bite back laughter. "Naruto, Naruto Uzumaki."

Konohamaru grinned. "You better remember that, Naruto!"

He nodded, ascending the staircase, opening a case of kabuki paint in two shades- red and white. Conjuring a clone, the clone applied makeup in lines, swirls, the works.

On the roof, a man with a camera sighed at Naruto's new make up.

"I'm guessing you want to do it like this then." Naruto struck a pose as the camera flashed, immortalising it forever.

Naruto grinned. "Thanks, old man." He jumped down the side, using a bit of Wind manipulation to cushion his fall.

He rushed into the building and into the room where Iruka was in, the assembly room. Every single academy graduate for that year sat at attention. Naruto instantly rushed to where Sayuri and Sasuke were and sat next to them.

"What's up with the holdup?" Sayuri asked.

"I had to deal with someone." At Sayuri and Sasuke's alarmed expressions, he clarified. "I just talked to them. That's all." They sighed in relief.

"So it's time for you all to graduate," Iruka began.

"Oh boy, big speech incoming," Naruto sighed. Neither of the Uchiha looked on with even a gram of sympathy. Naruto surmised that they still weren't very appreciative of him stealing the scroll of seals the day before.

"You have all been training hard for six years to become strong enough to become genin. I'm truly proud of how far you all have come since the first day you all walked through these doors. Now, you will be assigned to teams in three person cells under the supervision of a Jonin, who will be your sensei for as long as you remain genin." Iruka wiped a small tear from his eye.