Chapter 3

Kakashi yawned as his team appeared in front of him.

"So we're all here. Good. Now, we'll begin the first training session. For that, I'll need an overview of what you three can do. I already have a little bit of an idea on what Sasuke can do when he approached me asking for advice on lightning manipulation," Kakashi announced. "Whoever wishes to start may do so, but keep it brief."

Naruto nodded. "I have mastery over wind release, some intermediate skills in earth and water release, and I'm fairly proficient in kenjutsu. My taijutsu is fine and I have some talent for genjutsu. I can also use the shadow clone." Kakashi nodded. Good, good, a well-rounded moveset. Then what Naruto said sunk in. Wait, what the hell? Wind, Water, AND Earth? Man, I have my work cut out for me.

"How do you use your genjutsu, by any chance? Would it be possible for you to show me?" Kakashi inquired as he lifted his head and over his eye, revealing a fully matured, three tomoe sharingan. "I'll explain how I got this later. This is just to observe Naruto's genjutsu."

Naruto nodded, snapping his fingers. Nothing seemed to have happened.

"Interesting. Auditory genjutsu, perhaps? But why didn't it do anything?" Sasuke asked.

"Well, it's because I don't have much to affect. If we were fighting, I would subtly change things to my advantage, like the terrain or the hand seals you're performing. I don't like large scale illusions because they're too difficult to maintain." Naruto shrugged. Kakashi gave a small nod as he closed his sharingan. Interesting, I would never expect him to be able to use genjutsu, much less auditory types.

As Sayuri moved to ask how Kakashi had a sharingan, he held up his hand to stop her.

"I'll explain later. For now, just detail your skills," She sighed, but relented.

"I have mastery in wind release, proficiency in fire release, skills in kenjutsu, good taijutsu and when I awaken the sharingan, I'll have a good grip on genjutsu as well. I can use the shadow clone jutsu, and my shurikenjutsu is very good." Fairly similar to Naruto, but that's fine.

Kakashi nodded. "Sasuke?"

He nodded. "I have great mastery over archery, some of which is afforded by my sharingan, I have use over fire, and as you know, lightning release. I can add lightning to my arrows, and I have a personalised version of the Uchiha's traditional taijutsu. I can use the shadow clone jutsu, but I delegate it mostly for training." Archery. That's rare, and always has been among ninja, since a bow is bulky and inaccurate.

"How well do you shoot?" I got a pretty good demo during the bell test, but a second one couldn't hurt. Sasuke ran a hand through his hair, unslinging his bow from his back and collecting five arrows, nocking them. His eyes swirled red as he fired all five. Four arrows ricocheted into each other, each slamming into a deer at the edge of the clearing. Insane.

"That's how well I can shoot," he finished as Naruto sighed, conjuring a clone. It ran off, dashing to the felled stag.

"Well, we're eating venison tonight then. Do you want any, Kakashi-sensei?" Naruto asked as the deer was laid down, next to him. Naruto slipped out a hunting knife from a wooden container, as he began to cut into the muscle tissue, cutting open the hide.

"I swear to all that may be holy Sasuke, could you please stop accidentally taking down wild animals? You've already done it three times this month, and it's only the tenth," Sayuri groaned. Three times? Ok, this might be interesting.

"Well, that's meat sorted for the next three months then, give or take." Three Naruto's sealed the cuts, leaving the carcass on the grassy floor.

"Well, I suppose that means that I have to plan your training. How much chakra control do you three have?" I suspect that they can already walk on trees, but anything past that would be fairly difficult, considering that they would have almost no guidance.