Chapter 27

"So, we're travelling on... that?"

The boat they were travelling on was nothing like Tazuna's old raft. Built out of pristine planks, the length from the bow to the back end of the hull reached a hundred metres, and half as wide.

"Yes. Why does that surprise you?" One of the many ground workers began to haul the anchor up from the depths. "We have boat scenes to film anyway. Best to do it on the way."

They loaded onto the boat, and continued into Snow.

---

"We're about to land and film the first scene on the shore. Try to keep out of frame," the Director said.

"Alright, scene twenty-seven, take one!"

---

Click.

"Cut! Yukie, great performance, but your dialogue still seems flat!"

"Sandayu, where are my teardrops?" Yukie was cradling the body of another actor with a fake kunai in his chest.

The old man fished something out of his jacket. "Here."

The ground rumbled, and three ninja appeared on the cliffside.

The five snapped to attention. "Everybody out! Evacuate to the ship!" Sasuke shouted.

The camera crew all began to scramble, knocking over equipment in a dash to safety.

Naruto made a hand seal.

Clone.

A hundred Naruto appeared in a plume of smoke, gathering equipment and any stragglers.

Yukie, shell-shocked, did not move.

"Ah, the Shadow Clone jutsu. I haven't seen anybody use it since that time we fought Kakashi." A group of three ninja landed in front of them.

"Where's the girl?" The largest of them asked. He had a large metal sphere attached to his left arm.

"Here's my question: who the fuck are you?" Sasuke asked.

"Ah, my apologies. I'm Nadare Roga," the vaguely androgynous one said. "The burly one is Mizore Fuyukuma, and the girl is Fubuki Kakuyoku. Now. Where is Koyuki Kazahana?"

Yukie gulped in fear. "There she is," Fubuki grinned.

She formed a hand seal.

Tiger.

"You have to go!" A Naruto clone finally was able to haul her to her feet and onto the boat.

A torrent of ice needles shaped as swallows hurtled towards the actress, and Sasuke made a hand seal of his own.

Horse.

Flaming falcons flew out of his mouth and grappled with the frozen songbirds.

Nadare charged down from his perch, and engaged Naruto in a fierce bout of taijutsu. Icy talons formed on Nadare's palms before he swiped.

Naruto made a seal.

Bird.

A wall of air formed between the claws and Naruto's face.

He used the shock to slam a rasengan into Nadare's gut.

Then it was his turn to be shocked as the chakra dissipated harmlessly against his torso.

"What?" Nadare booted him away.

"Chakra armour. Your techniques are useless against me!"

The cavity left in his torso rapidly closed.