Chapter 25

Naruto made hand seals.

Rat- Snake- Tiger- Yang Water- Bird.

Water from the air condensed into a serpentine coil, swirling and spinning.

Hinata dodged its snapping bite and jumped back from it.

The veins around her eyes bulged, and she tore apart the water dragon.

She thrust her palm forward, and Naruto flew backwards.

What was that?!

Vacuum palm. A highly compressed chakra blast, Tobirama supplied.

Hinata dashed in, and Naruto easily repelled a strike.

Naruto stabbed his blade into the ground, and the landscape shifted under Hinata's feet, cracking and shaking.

Her balance gone, Hinata jumped back to stable land.

Naruto took the time to prepare another jutsu.

Bird.

Wind Style: Great Breakthrough!

Naruto breathed out a gale comparable to a hurricane, and Hinata was swaying, barely able to keep her hold on the ground.

The gale stopped, and Hinata rushed back in, chakra charging and building around her fists.

Naruto made a hand seal.

Clone.

A hundred clones appeared from nothing, and they all charged at Hinata, swords in hand.

Chakra swirled to life in Hinata's hands forming the shape of a lion.

She punched away ten of the clones before Naruto noticed something.

Then, all of the clones stabbed themselves, and Naruto got the chakra from them back.

"What is that?!"

"A special jutsu. Am I correct in postulating that you didn't get any of the chakra or memories from the clones I dispelled?"

Naruto's mouth settled into a thin line.

There was probably some sort of bluff at play, but the one thing that he knew for sure was that his zero-cost jutsu was no longer zero-cost.

Naruto sighed.

Just like usual, can't get hit by those hands.

Naruto summoned a knife and threw it at Hinata. It sailed harmlessly past her head, and then detonated.

Hinata was knocked off her feet and hit her back.

Naruto flickered in and pointed his sword at the base of her neck.

"I am not giving you a chance to paralyse me while you're on the ground. The Gentle Fist is busted."

"I surrender," Hinata said. "Good job."

He offered a hand and helped her up.

"Keep growing and learning. You're making progress."

She smiled. "Of course I will."

The two flickered up to the Fighter's booth.

"Great showing," Shino said.

The Uchiha twins glanced at each other, shrugged, and blurred away.

"Ready?" Sayuri asked, blade drawn, bouncing on the balls of her toes.

"I've been ready for years. The question is: are you?" Both of their sharingan burned with chakra.