Chapter 37

Sayuri woke quickly, and silently.

She looked around, before she prepared herself for the day ahead.

She exited and reset a trap which she'd left in the door.

"Good morning," Danzo said while sipping a cup of tea.

"Good morning," she replied. "The duration of the training is over."

"That it is," he agreed. "So, what will you do now?"

"I'm going to join ANBU."

"Serving the village using your skills? I approve."

She smirked. "Of course you would. That's what you picked me up to do, right?"

He smiled. "The exit is above you."

Above them, the roof began to grind open.

She ran straight through the opening and into the wilderness.

Danzo's bunker lay behind the Hokage mountain, facing the endless forest of Fire.

She leapt towards the imposing face of the third before jumping into an entrance into the ANBU bunker.

"State your name and purpose for being here," a voice said.

"I'm Sayuri Uchiha, and I'm here to undergo the Black Ops examination."

"You may enter." At that, the blank wall she looked at opened.

The stone tiles that formed the compound were a sterile, light grey, reflecting the bright, fluorescent lights which lined the hall. The walls were lined with seats, raised futons, doors, lockers, the latter two made out of steel and most definitely reinforced with something in case of attack.

A few ninja were laying in the seats and futons, doubtless that they'd be on a new mission as soon as they woke up.

She paused at a door.

Kakashi's words echoed in her head.

"ANBU agents must gaze into the darkness of the world, and when the darkness stares back, they must embrace it. It breaks almost everyone who enters the corps."

She pondered for a moment before opening the door.

I'll face anything to find out what happened.

She saw an unexpected mop of silver hair standing in front of about half a dozen hopefuls.

"And you're the last of this batch?" he asked and that was definitely Kakashi. A nod, and then he turned to address all of them. "Alright, state your specialties, I don't care about your names, and then we'll test you individually. As an example, I am most comfortable with tracking and assassination, and I wield Lightning Style at all ranges."

"Tracking, Fire Style ninjutsu. Long-range," the first said. A casual glance at his ring pinned him as a member of the Sarutobi.

"Detainment and capture. Earth style, and I'm most comfortable at close range combat." No obvious clan.

"Medicine and assassination. No elemental affinity, I'm afraid. Close-to-mid range." The largest among them said.

"I'm pretty good at infiltration, and I wield Water Style. I'm a long range fighter, but I can do okay at other ranges." The lanky teen smirked.

"Assassination. Fire Style, long range."

"Infiltration and capture. I wield summons in lieu of any traditional combat method."

"Assassination. Fire and Wind, at most ranges."

He nodded. "Good. Alright, so, we've got a couple of ANBU who'll take you to different training rooms and evaluate you. Your plans, your wit, and your overall prowess. Good luck."