ʟᴇᴛ'ꜱ ʀᴇꜱᴛᴀʀᴛ

Camilo's PoV

The sun began to rise as I sat up staring blankly at the mirror across the room.

" Camilo. Breakfast is ready. " Dolores mumbled with a passive aggressive tone.
" I'm not hungry. " I retorted before my door swung open to Cadence standing in the doorway. " Mi princesa? " I questioned as she looked towards me with an angry face.
" Abuela said its time to eat pa. " She muttered as she slammed my door. I groaned as I got ready for the day before heading downstairs.

Casita dragged me to my seat at the table as I sat down.

I looked to my right to an empty chair and the only thing I heard was the utensils hitting the glass plates.

" You kids better get going to school or you'll be late! " Tia Julieta said as she handed the kids their lunches before waving them off.

Everyone's eyes turned towards me as Callum excused himself early.

" Mijo. We aren't mad at you but you and Y/N really have to talk this out. If not for us then for the kids. " Mami said to me as the rest of the family nodded at her statement.

" You can find her dancing by the waterfall just a bit outside the Encanto. " Mi hermana stammered before squeaking.

" Thank you. " I smiled at them as I rubbed my eyes.

( Timeskip because I'm sleepy )

After climbing my way up the mountain I saw Callum sitting next to Y/N as she sang a song as he accompanied her with a flute.

I hid behind a tree as I heard the song come to an end before peering from behind the trunk as I eavesdropped on the siblings conversation.

" Callum.. I miss him. I'm just scared what if I end up hurting both of the families and Casita. " Y/N whispered as I saw her skirt with little droplets from her tears as I ran to her.

" Lo siento mucho, debería haber estado aquí para ti. Por favor, no llores más. Podemos superar cualquier cosa juntos. "

I uttered as I wrapped my arms from behind her around her waist placing my head in the crook of her neck.

" I'll leave her to you Camilo. " Callum said standing up as he dusted himself off before leaving.

We stayed in a tight embrace while the wind caused the trees around us to sway.

" Y/N I never meant to get angry at you. I wasn't thinking. " I tightened my grip.

" Cami.. its my fault. I shouldn't have reacted like that, I could've just explained it was cranberry juice.. we both made mistakes. I'm just nervous about the whole fire situation. "

" Me too. " I confessed as she pulled away from my grasp, " Well at-least we have each-other? " She said with an awkward smile plastered across her face as she stood infront of the waterfall as her ( H/C, H/L ) hair and long dress flowed in the wind.

I stared at her with my mouth agape, " Camilo? " She asked tilting her head,

" I think I just fell in love with you all over again. "

——————

Y/N's PoV

I guess taking sometime apart and looking at the bigger picture is what we needed most.
Camilo grabbed my wrist and lifted my hand up to his lips as he placed a kiss on it.

" Miss Y/N, May I have this dance? " He said looking up at me with a smirk, " Of course, " He placed his hand on my waist as I looked up to his face,
" Is something wrong? "
" Camilo.. let's go home. You haven't slept have you? "

" How did you know?! " I placed my thumb over his eye-bags,
" These. " I said placing a kiss on his cheeks, " Fine. " He yawned as we made our way home.

Casita's doors swung open as I checked the time to see that the kids were still in school.

" Welcome back you two. " Dolores greeted us as I brought Camilo to our room before placing him on our bed.

" Please sleep Cami. " I whispered in his ear before standing up but was abruptly stopped by Camilo grabbing my wrist.

" Its kind of embarrassing but, " I raised an eyebrow, " I need you by my side to sleep. " He sputtered as his face flushed pink,
" Oh, so the most amazing Madrigal needs me, Y/N, to sleep? " I teased him as I leaned closer to his face before placing a quick peck on his nose before laying next to him and leaving my arms open for him.

" Come here drama king. " I sighed before caressing his hair as he closed his eyes and snored softly.

" I missed this. " I whispered before rubbing circles on his back as he drifted deeper into sleep.

—-

The bells rang as I gently woke up Camilo,
" Let's welcome the kids. " I said intertwining my fingers with his as he nodded and rubbed his eye with his free hand.

Casita's doors swung open as Azalea, Dami, Cadence and Anthony bursted through the door.

" MAMA! "

" Tia Y/N ! "

They all shouted in unison, " Well hello darlings. " I said as I was tackled with hugs.

" Pa is so mean! " Dami said sending a glare to his father,
" Don't worry, your Pa and I are friends again. " I chuckled as Camilo helped me stand up.

" Wait Ma... how is your baby? " Cadence asked as she leaned against my stomach as she smiled, " They're happy. " She reassured me.

" So how was school? " I asked as we walked down to the kitchen.

" Azalea and Anthony were chasing Cadence and me. " Dami said with a pout.

" Bro.. we were playing tag. " Anthony said with an eye-roll as he finished his homework.

Everything was back to normal.. " So Tia Val showed us the vision... is our house gonna burn? " Azalea asked concerned.
" I'm not sure.. your Tío and I are okay so I don't see how or why a fire would start. " I shrugged as Tío Adrian walked into
the room.

" Y/N? " He blinked before running as he picked me up by waist and placed kisses on my cheeks.

" Mi amor ! Y/N was gone for less than 24 hours. " Tia Sandy rolled her eyes as the entire family followed in behind her.

" Mami! " I shouted as I hugged Pepa,
" I'm so sorry for Camilo. He is a bit of an idiot. " She whispered in my ear as I let out a giggle.

" I was at fault too Ma.. " I let out a breath of air as Felíx hugged me.

" Don't scare us like that again. I was worried you found someone better than my primo. " Isabella said with a laugh.

" Dinner is ready! " Julieta shouted as I took my seat next to Camilo as he placed a hand on my thigh. " Welcome Home Y/N. "

A/N - I suck with angst but ya should go follow my bestie Bleepiebloop  ! Her fanfic is amazing ❤️❤️

self insert with camilo, art by one of my friends ❤️