31-Starting over

Waking up in the hospital, Takemichi could feel every bone in his body screaming for him to go back to sleep. Tiredly staring at the ceiling laying in silence he tried to recall how he got there in the first place.

"You're awake"

Shifting his gaze to the voice he noticed Koko sitting in the chair beside his bed "you've been unconscious for three days" as he heard this he suddenly remembered how he ended up the way he did. He was beaten up by Mikey.

"Senju saved you. Of course, Senju was in no shape to fight"

"So Senju bowed down to Mikey and begged to end the conflict by disbaning Brahman itself"

After catching Takemichi on everything that happened Koko left his room. As he walked towards the exit he ran into two kids around his age in school uniforms though he didn't pay much attention to the boy he bumped into he was more interested in the girl.

"Megami, you're still ignoring me? Look I'm sorry I didn't tell you he was dead when I dropped Takemitchy off but you have to understand that there was a lot going on. i've already explained to you what went on that nigh- and she's gone"

'You telling me he was dead would have been much better than finding him myself' following Chifuyu into the hospital room Megami let out a quiet sigh of relief once she saw that Takemichi was alive. The urge to hug the boy and thank any God that would listen to her give her praises for him living was strong so strong that she nearly did but she stopped herself after remembering what CHifuyu had told her the night she found Draken. Standing behind Chifuyu she stood quietly staring at her shoes as he spoke.

"We went to Draken's funeral"

"Everything that has happened is hard to take in... it got me pondering"

"Takemitchy what is wrong with you"

"You meet Draken in the future, right? So why is he gone? Why did you have to come back when things were going so well in the future!?"

"IT'S YOUR FAULT THAT DRAKEN IS...!!"

Standing still with her head down Megami didn't interfere. She didn't feel the need to. Listening as Takemichi reassured Chifuyu she almost cried harder as she heard him take the blame.

"Alright . you better heal soon so I can beat you up with all my heart" watching as Chifuyu stood and left Megami walked closer to the bed and sat on the edge.

"You know Emma was so heartbroken at the funeral that she had to be carried around"

"I myself wasn't any better. I've been staying with Inui for the past few days and he's helped a lot even as he's grieving himself"

"I really want to hate you for coming back but to be honest if i was in your shoes I would have done the same in a heartbeat" looking up at the plain hospital ceiling Megami let out a deep sigh "i've known Mikey for almost my entire life so he will always be someone I keep close regardless of what he does to me. The Mikey that you saw was a Mikey only a handful of people know about. Not even Draken knows"

"He said something about a "dark impulsivity" right? Well this isn't the first time something like this has happened" unbuttoning the first few buttons of her uniform and sliding a bit of her shirt down she pointed to the center of the butterfly tattoo on her shoulder. Looking at it for a few seconds, Takemichi noticed that a chunk of her skin was scarred.

"It happened when we were younger. He wasn't attacking me but I jumped in to "help" the other boy. As you can tell it didn't really go according to plan." buttoning her shirt back up Megami stood from the bed placing a get well soon card she made him on the table and began making her way towards the door.

"I sent Emma to the Philippines. She's staying with Izana until things get back to normal. Michi I don't know what happened between you and Mikey in the future but whatever it was must have been big considering the fact that you're back" stopping in front of the door Megami looked back and smiled "so get well soon 'kay? We're going to have the fight of our lives soon"

"Oh yea and Baji says hi! He was supposed to come with us but he's doing a bit of work for me right now" Opening the door she looked forward. She smiled at Hina who was standing in front of her then quietly made her way out of the hospital,

'For some reason i feel better after telling him all that'

~~~~~~~

Placing the small black cat back into its cage Megami stood up as she walked behind the counter to grab a broom. It had been around a month and a week since Draken had died and things were okay to say the least. Through her connections she was able to find out more about the fight of the 3 deities. South, the boy who jumped her brothers on their first day back in juvie was killed by Mikey after he revealed that " he had killed Draken" and that Senju, Brahmans top had disbanded the gang in exchange for Takemichi's life.

Today both her and Chifuyu were working together at the pet shop. She took a bit of a break as she was dealing with Draken's valuables from the brothel, sending the rest of Emma' s stuff to her, and trying to figure out what the hell her ex was planning.

In short she had no time to be playing with cats. As she swept she noticed that Chifuyu had left the store. Looking out the window a small smile grew at the sight of a standing Takemichi. Dropping the broom she made her way outside.

" if you came here to talk about that than please lea-"

" ~Takemitchy~ you're alive" grabbing Chifuyu by the arm she dragged him back to Takemichi "please continue~" seeing that Megami was slowly returning back to her old self Takemichi began to feel slightly nostalgic.

'The last time she spoke like this was when she, Draken, and Mikey broke into my middle school and beat up all those kids'

"I was thinking of making a new team. A team that will defeat the Kanto Manji"

" i know this is too much to ask for but come and fight with me, Chifuyu, Megami" Takemichi didn't know whether to smile or cry as he watched a fat grin growing on Megami's face just as Chifuyu turn away.

"I'll be sending in a resignation letter so you better wait, Megami you should send oe too and do one for Baji I know for a fact he'll wanna join"

Watching as Takemichi began to cry tears of joy, Megami laughed as she pried his arms from Chifuyu so they could return their work uniforms. Walking out the store in regular clothing Megmai smiled at Takemichi

"What now Mr. president" 

______________________________________________

idk what to do for the 20k special so i' m gonna need you guys to give me ideas :)

i'm sure if i'm gonna post another chapter until school is over for the week cuz i have a lot of work so if i don't. i'm sorry:(

stay pretty and safe mwah

-Author