20k Special

Thank you all so much for 20k.  you have no idea how much this milestone means to me:)

Please listen to the song as you read!!

Enjoy:)

_______________________________________________________________

Mikey's pov

August 27th 2007

It has been about a year since me and Megami moved and I'm beginning to feel like it's about time.

I'm going to break up with her.

Don't get me wrong I love her and I always will but I can only continue to be "Mikey" for so long. There is a lot more to me than I let on, they know that. Ever since that day we've become closer. It could be out of fear or pity or because she feels the need to protect everyone from 'it'.

Or maybe she genuinely loves me and I'm about to make the biggest mistake of my life.

Opening the drawer of my nightstand I pulled out a piece of paper. This took me almost an entire year to write. I just couldn't find the right words. It was hard, so fucking hard I that I re-wrote the note at least 2 times a month. I easily 'pushed' everyone away (without her knowing) so why was it that I was struggling to push her away?

Reaching for my neck I grabbed a hold of the thin silver chain. Pulling it out of my hoodie I held the ring that was on the chain and examined it.

It was about a year after she had joined the dojo. We were all pretty close back then but somehow me and her were closer. So before her birthday that summer I used up all my allowance to buy her the cheapest ring money could buy. On her birthday I proposed to her and told her when we were older we would get married. I've never seen her brothers so pissed in my life. She laughed the whole thing off and told me to ask her again when we were a bit older so I did. On her thirteenth birthday I asked her to be my girlfriend.

Today is her seventeenth birthday and I will be giving her the ring.

Call me childish but deep down I still believe that there could be the slightest chance of a happy ending for us.

Placing the ring and note on my side of the bed I leaned down and placed a single kiss on her lips. Though she was asleep she subconsciously kissed back. It was just a plain regular kiss to the sleeping Megami. It was a long and passionate and meaningful one to me.

Megami Haitani is one of the few people who knows who I truly am.

I'll be forever grateful for her.

"I love you"

So I hope that she will eventually come to understand why I left her.

_________________________________________________

:)

goodnight lovelys <3

mwah

-Authorrr