09

|Author

Yejin tapped her foot, patiently waiting for the elevator to reach the building's highest floor.

She checked her wristwatch and noticed that she was 10 minutes early for work. She exhaled a breath of relief when she realized she wasn't late.

They finally made it to the top floor, where the CEO's office was located, and exited the elevator.

Yejin held the child's hand, undecided about knocking on Mr.Park's office door. Minji sighed, tired of her so-called babysitter, and instead of Yejin, Minji lifted her tiny fist in front of the door and knocked firmly which made Yejin's eyes enlarged.

"Yah!" Yejin whisper-yelled at her, but the youngster simply shrugged her shoulders and waited for her dad's signal to open the door.

"Come in," her boss said, and the lady slowly opened the door and followed Minji inside while closing the door again.

"Annyeong Abeoji" Minji greeted her father with a politeness, while her father simply nodded and gave her a small greeting as well.

Yejin successfully lured Minji's attention by clearing her throat. "Hey Minji, why don't you have a seat first and we'll just work okay?" Minji nodded, understanding her, and sat down on the nearest sofa, pulling out her phone to resume watching her favorite series.

---

"Ms.Kim, please acquire the documents from the Sales department team; Ms.Shin already knows you, so she'll easily deliver them to you; I'll need them before 14 minutes," Jimin said, his eyes fixed on his computer.

Yejin bowed and muttered a yes sir before exiting. She remembered leaving Minji there and was ready to remind her, but she remembered how awkward Minji and Jimin are together, so she just waited behind the door, thinking this would be an excellent time to reunite the Father and Daughter.

After a few seconds of silence, Yejin groaned silently feeling defeated and walked away to fetch the documents Mr.Park requested.

Little did she know, Jimin was staring at the CCTV camera footage in front of his office door when he noticed Yejin finally walking away. He breathed a sigh of relief and nervously gulped before turning to face his daughter, who was silently staring at her phone.

"Minji," he slowly called, drawing her attention to him. "Yes father?" she asked, staring at him blankly.

"Can we talk?" He requested, hoping she would agree. She hesitated at first, but eventually nodded and approached him.

Jimin collected all of his courage and turned to face his daughter, who was now looking at him confused.

"Father what's going o-" the child was cutted off guard when her dad engulfed her into a warm and loving hug.

"I'm sorry my baby, Dad is so sorry" he mumbled while caressing her hair softly. Minji was shocked and is still processing what is happening.

"I know, ever since we started to grow apart, you've always felt I didn't love you, and that truth was hurting me, because only God knows how much I love you Minji, and I just couldn't tell the reason why I started to ignore you just like that," he said full of honesty, trying not to tear up in front of her.

She eventually wrapped her small shaking hands around his neck and hugged him back slowly. "I thought you didn't care about me, appa" she said, nearly sobbing.

His heart ached a little as he heard his daughter say that, regretting his decision to ignore her. As he pulled away, he noticed that she was slowly shedding tears, so he smiled softly and brushed her tears away with his thumb.