10

|Kim Yejin

I silently coughed when I heard him say that I'm HIS WIFE.

I knew he's simply saying that to intimidate the woman, but I felt my stomach started to flutter.

Don't tell me I'm feeling butterflies-

"Mr.Park! I- I'm so sorry! I didn't meant that haha! It was just an accident!" She nervously lied and kneeled down.

"Please don't fire me Mr.Park! I'm truly sorry! I will do anything!" She cried and begged him to not fire her.

Jimin just scoffed, "You should've thought about that before slapping my kid and cursing at my wife," he spat and stared at her blankly.

There he is again  But I turned around to look at the employee.

She was a total disaster right now, shaking her head fiercely and looking at him with teary eyes yet again. "Please, Mr. Park, just give me one opportunity, please!" she pleaded.

I do not know why, but I didn't even feel sorry for her. She definitely do not deserve a second chance before almost slapping a child.

Before I even knew it. My breath hitched as I felt a muscular arm wrapped around my shoulders.

What is this man doing to me???

"Anyways, I already transferred your paycheck to your bank account, and therefore make sure to take your belongings with you and never return," he replied blankly, not caring about her pleas.

She finally stood up and wiped her nose as she sniffled while her head hung low. "Oh, and I forgot to tell you, I already signed your resignation letter so all you have to do is pack and leave understood?"

She didn't have an option but to nod, acknowledging the fact that she couldn't work for this company any longer. Jimin also nodded and turned around, his arm still on my shoulder.

And I swore I saw Minji turned around and she stuck her tongue out before turning her lips into a smirk. Doyun just bowed from afar at the little lady boss and silently cried again at the corner.

---

|Author

They finally reached inside the office and Yejin turned around to face Jimin. He rose a brow and mouthed a "What?"

Jimin knew what she meant as she glanced at his arm still wrapped over her shoulder and formed a 'O' face before releasing her from his hold.

Jimin cleared his throat as Yejin turned aside, embarrassed. "So, about that wife thing..." he began, and Yejin's cheeks burned as she slowly cooled down to face him.

"I only said that to protect you and Minji, to avoid any commotion; don't take it seriously because we only have a professional relationship, do you understand what I mean?" he asked, and my heart sank at his words for some reason. But he's right. We're not in a serious relationship.

"Ne Park Sajangnim, (Yes Mr.Park)" I said with a forced smile and a nod. He nodded and clapped his hands, "Very well Ms. Kim, anyways, I need the documents right now. Mind handing them to me?" he asked. I nodded and handed him his files swiftly.

Yejin glanced over Minji and noticed the girl who smiled and winked at her before giggling silently. She sighed and closed her eyes, but smiled when she saw the little girl smiled and being happy again.

---

"Ah, Yejin-ssi! Actually, I have no appointments tomorrow so, I'll give you a day off tomorrow and I'll take care of Minji."
Mr.Park said as he flipped through the pages of the documents he had been reading for hours.

"Are you sure sir-"

"100% positive, you can go home right now if you like and I'll just bring Minji along with me." He added. I smiled and bowed. "Kamsahabnida Sajangnim-" before I could even finish, he raised his hand and shushed me. "This doesn't mean that you're going to have a whole week vacation" he stated.

I was about to speak but I left out of words so I just simply nodded and walked over to the sofa where my bag is at.

Minji waved her hand at me, and of course I waved back, "See you in 2 days, bub," I whispered softly, "Yes yes, now run along unnie, anyways, if you see that bitch again, just call me, I'll roast her anytime," she confidently announced. I just chuckled at her statement but nodded otherwise. "Okay, I got it, Bye Jiji," I bid again as I slowly turned around and bowed to Mr.Park. "Bye, Mr. Park, I'll see you soon."

---

"No Taehyung, I'm done with this shitty nonsense, she needs to know the truth!" Hillary yelled at her brother. Taehyung sighed irritated with a bit of frustration. "You don't get it Hillary! She can't force herself to think about the past! It may stress her out!" He yelled back.

She scoffed and looked at Taehyung so done with his attitude. "No Tae, No. Don't you get the point? If she finds out now, she will be less stressed, but if you tell her after months or years, she will be even more stressed! It will only add to her anxiety!" She exclaimed, her breathing getting heavier every second.

"It has been 4 years Tae, we've been keeping this from her for 4 years! We even lied to her. Everything we told her was lies! Don't you feel any regret? Because for me, I do, I've been lying to my only sister for so long! I can't carry the burden anymore." She added as she eventually calmed down and sat down while running her hand through her silky wavy hair.

Taehyung took a seat in front of her and handed her a glass of water. "I know you feel guilty, so do I. If you were in her shoes, you will feel stressed and anxious. Let's wait for the right time." he said calmly.

"I'm worried for her.." "So am I Ary, she's like a little sister to me after all.."

"But Tae, we need to tell her like right now," she suddenly spoke after minutes of silence. "There you are again, did I just told you that we can't!" Taehyung retorted and stood up swiftly from his seat while Hillary did the same.

"Then what will you say if it's the right time? Hm? Are you gonna be like 'Hey Yejin I'm sorry that we're telling you this right now but 4 years ago, I-'" She mocked him but before she can even continue she heard a knock on the door.

"Shit she's here act normal" She said and fixed her hair immediately while Taehyung stood there with a wtf-face after fighting with his sister.

"Hello! I'm home!" Yejin said as she tossed herself in the sofa. She sighed exhausted and looked at the ceiling, recalling the previous incidents.

Hillary looked at Taehyung, but he just gave her a deadly stare, she rolled her eyes at him and went down to the living room where Yejin is at.

"Oh, hello Yejin! How's work?"

"It was good, and great" she answered tiredly before yawning.

Hillary then went to the kitchen to cook something for Yejin so she decided to cook kimchi instead.

"Oh I see, please take a rest okay? Don't overwork yourself-" She exited the kitchen just to see Yejin sleeping peacefully at the sofa still with her formal attire on.

"Oh well, I think she's tired, let her sleep" Taehyung suddenly spoke and patted Hillary's shoulder which he earned a glare.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Hello everyone! So any thoughts about the tea that Taehyung snd Hillary were talking about? 👀

Anyways, Let us all pray for Ukraine and the world's safety and for all of this shit to end. Please stay safe everyone!

I'm here whenever you guys need someone to talk to. I love you all!!

-2/27/2022
Words: 1303