Move-In

Atsumu gaped when he saw the house.

It was huge.

Well, maybe not huge, but certainly an upgrade from the single-floor space he lived in.

This house was two floors, with a dining room, kitchen, and living room on the first floor, and bedrooms on the second.

Four bedrooms, to be exact.

Atsumu wheeled his tattered suitcase inside, following Sakusa who was holding the other and carrying a bag.

"Holy shit," Atsumu murmured.

"Is it alright?" Sakusa asked, taking off his shoes and crossing over the step up.

"Alright? It's amazin'!" Atsumu exclaimed, following him inside.

Atsumu's main concern had been what would happen once the babies came. Would Sakusa go back to his closed-off, curt, and dry self? Would he only see Atsumu as the vessel?

Would... he take the babies away?

But through all the wondering and worrying Atsumu found himself more intrigued by Sakusa's change in tune.

He had become softer. Not open, but a bit honest with how he felt.

He truly wanted to help.

The babies.

"Where do I sleep?" Atsumu asked.

"Follow me."

Sakusa led him up the steps and opened one of the doors. Atsumu peeked inside and stared. It was lovely. A full-sized bed and soft pink walls. There was a bookshelf, empty of course, and a TV opposite the bed. A desk and chair were pushed against the wall and a sliding door closet was cut in the side.

"Cool," Atsumu said with a grin. Sakusa set his things down and opened the closet for him.

"I'll unpack in the room across the hall. Let me know if you need anything. We can order dinner after."

Atsumu nodded.

He had been worried about an overwhelming amount of Alpha pheromones but the house had clearly been scrubbed clean professionally.

It made him a tad uneasy, the lack of smell. Without think he started releasing his pheromones, letting the scent pour over the room. He closed his eyes and sighed, sinking into the comfort. Atsumu sat on the floor and crossed his legs, unzipping his bag. He started pulling out his clothes and ordering them before he placed them in the closet.

The door slammed open and Atsumu jumped, whipping his head around and seeing Sakusa. He was gripping the door frame and breathing heavily.

"Omi?" He asked. His heart was starting to pound and his chest tightened slowly. Sakusa swallowed thickly and lifted his eyes, staring at him through his dark hair.

"Your... pheromones," he muttered. Atsumu furrowed his brow. "I... ugh—"

"Oh, shit," Atsumu murmured. He stopped releasing them and glanced at Sakusa worriedly.

"I thought... you were in trouble..." he sighed. Atsumu inhaled sharply.

"Then why are ya holding the wall like that?" Atsumu wondered softly.

Sakusa closed his eyes.

"I'm... calming myself," he answered. "My instincts are telling me to grab you and scent you. But that's... extremely inappropriate. We aren't..."

Mates.

Right.

Of course.

"Ah." Atsumu looked away. Sakusa slowly let go of the frame and stepped back. Atsumu bit his lip and watched him take deep breaths. He had surprisingly good control.