Meian

Inunaki was bright.

Not like Atsumu, who was friendly and teasing, or Hinata who lifted everyone's spirits.

Inunaki was bright like early mornings, gradual sunrises that turned into harsh 9:00 a.m. light.

Inunaki was bright like the reflecting water on a clear day.

Inunaki was bright like a lantern in thick fog.

When did he stop feeling bright?

Was it slow, like first snowfall?

Or instant, a car crash late at night, caught in pouring rain.

Meian thought he could pin the exact moment but in the end...

Maybe that was the moment.

The moment he stopped paying attention.

Then, the lights dimmed, like a symphony hall before a whirlwind of chaotic music ensued.

Just chaos, in this case.

"Fuck," Meian muttered, sprinting towards the locker rooms.

He yanked open the door and it wailed in pain from his strength.

Hinata jumped, whipping his head around and gaping at his captain. Hinata was half naked, towel wrapped around his midsection, and hair damp from the shower.

Meian spotted Inunaki standing behind an open locker, knuckles white as he gripped the door.

He was trembling.

"Meian—what the fuck, you can't be here—!" Hinata started to shout like an angry, territorial kitten.

Meian glowered.

His gaze sharpened and sour pheromones started to leak out.

Hinata froze.

"Stop," he murmured, sternly. "Meian, stop," he pressed.

"Get dressed and get out."

Hinata inhaled sharply.

His eyes watered.

Because how else was he supposed to respond when someone he looked up to, someone he cherished, snapped at him, treated him like...like an Omega, especially after so much to take with Atsumu's pregnancy and his...

Hinata dressed himself quickly and hurried out.

Inunaki had been moving, only barely.

He was undressing himself to shower.

He was ignoring Meian.

"Hey," he said, walking towards Inunaki. "Hey!" He slammed the locker door all the way open.

Inunaki winced only slightly. He was shirtless, lean figure on display. His neck was exposed while he looked down at the shirt in his hand, skin sweaty.

"Don't walk away and then not even open yourself to discussion—!"

"Even now, it's all about you, isn't it?" Inunaki cut in quietly.

"What?"

He sighed, lifting his head to face the inside of his locker. "You're here to make yourself feel better, aren't you?" He smirked, hollowly. "See, the thing is, you don't even understand what you've done wrong. You don't even believe you've done anything wrong. You just want to get over this 'bump' and go back to how things were." Inunaki closed his eyes and tugged off his shorts. "They can't, Shuugo."

Oh.

When Inunaki looked at him finally, Meian wanted to punch himself in the face.

He had been crying this whole time.