Rut

In all fairness it hadn't happened the last time Atsumu go pregnant.

Well, sure, Sakusa wasn't there for the first few weeks, and yes, they weren't bonded. But Atsumu had never really been aware before when it did happen.

Sakusa seemed to experience it once a year, to be perfectly honest. So Atsumu was taken aback by the lack of preparedness from his mate. Sakusa was also surprised.

They were lucky — truly lucky — that Akihiko was spending time with his grandma and uncles while the two trained for the summer season.

Well, Sakusa trained, Atsumu would only be able to participate for so long.

Atsumu had been helped out plenty of times by his mate even before they bonded but not once had he been asked, so could he really be blamed when he had no idea what to do after seeing Kiyoomi, curled up on the floor and panting like a mad dog with his rut nearly in full swing?

Atsumu smelled something off when he got back from the store. Typically, Sakusa would jump him when he tried to leave by himself. Sakusa's protectiveness was endearing, and it made his Omega preen, but he also hated the idea of being seen as some defenseless child. So he didn't think too hard when Sakusa didn't come barreling down to follow.

What Atsumu was smelling...well it was different from Kiyoomi's arousal. But it had a similar air to it. The scent reminded him of grilled mochi skewers with the tinge of sweetness.

He set down the bags and walked up the stairs without taking a moment to assess what it could mean.

He stopped in front of their shared room, his own scent drowned out by this new one, which made him a bit uneasy. He opened the door and his heart dropped.

Seeing Sakusa trembling, curling on on himself against the hard floor, made his heart ache. He was ready to rush over and try to offer some comfort.

Until he was hit with a wave of heat.

He could feel himself starting to slicks and oh.

He realized he was witnessing Sakusa in rut for the first time. Ever.

Fuck.

Atsumu grabbed his lower stomach and felt harsh cramps. Jesus, he was already freaking pregnant, and his body still wanted more.

It was then, Sakusa noticed him. His eyes flashed, something carnal, something desperate, before melting into fear.

"Atsumu..." he croaked, pushing himself up. He was sweating, beads rolling down his pale skin and his hair stuck against his face. "You—you should leave, I'm—" he faltered, a full-body shudder rolling over him. The longer he stared, the warmer Atsumu grew. He wanted to help, to attend, to do anything, really. "I have no control right now," Sakusa whispered, and this seemed to scare him more than anything in that moment.

Atsumu barely managed to speak, his mind turning to fuzz, drunk on pheromones.

"Y'already bit me, Omi," his voice quivered. That drew Kiyoomi's attention. "What more is there to be afraid of?" Atsumu stepped closer, watching his mate shake like a leaf in the rain. He circled his arms around the vulnerable man. Sakusa whined and it was a surprisingly pleasant sound, one of need, desperation, desire. Atsumu kissed his neck, nosed his scent gland, and Sakusa ran rigid. "What is it?" Atsumu asked, starting to pull away.

Sakusa growled.

Low.

Commanding.

And slick soaked his underwear through to his pants.