Flutters

Atsumu's first thought was to call Sakusa.

He had felt them move.

Like butterflies in his stomach.

Obviously, they weren't kicking.

He was twenty-one weeks.

It was a Wednesday morning and he had been sitting on the couch, much more relaxed after his session with Sakusa the night before.

The two had researched that knotting was actually encouraged during pregnancy heats since it lets the body know there is an Alpha. So Atsumu had spent the last hour in the bathroom with Sakusa cleaning him out.

Which lead to another quick fuck in the shower, without his knot, much to Atsumu's disappointment. But he had come down by the time Sakusa had to leave for school. Atsumu felt a bit guilty. He was keeping Sakusa up late at night with his heat. Luckily, he seemed to be at the tail end since it only took about two minutes for him to orgasm the second time around.

He did feel a bit disappointed, knowing his dick appointment with Sakusa would have to wait until the next heat, if he even had one.

Atsumu leaned back and stared into the TV as he got lost in his thoughts.

And then felt it.

A flutter.

Atsumu dropped his eyes to his stomach, gasping softly at the feeling.

"Oh my God," he murmured, placing his hands on the bump. Of course, his hands couldn't feel any movement. But he felt it inside. Just slight squirming. Atsumu's heart was racing. "Oh my God." He fumbled around and grabbed his phone, dialing Sakusa's number without think. A grin threatened the lips he had been biting in anticipation, hearing the phone ring.

Once.

Twice.

"Atsumu? " Sakusa asked in a worried tone. "Are you okay? Is everything alright?"

"Omi I felt them!" He nearly squealed, bringing up his legs to cross them.

"What?"

"I felt the babies! I can feel them movin'!" Atsumu couldn't hold back his grin.

They were really there.

His eyes started to water, tears rolling down his face. He wiped his cheeks and waited for Sakusa to say something.

"That's great, Atsumu, but," he said, "I'm in school. You should only call me about things like your safety. You scared me for nothing."

Atsumu felt his heart sink.

Tears kept falling, but the thrill in his stomach was long gone, replaced with a knot of guilt. And anxiety.

"Ah, yer right," he mumbled, picking at the couch as he tried to hide the nasal end of his voice. His nose was getting stuffy and his bottom lip wobbled. "Sorry 'bout that Omi. See ya tonight."

"... Goodbye."

Sakusa hung up, but Atsumu kept the device to his ear, too afraid to move. He Took a shuddered breath.

Right.

He was just the vessel.

"Fuck," he muttered, rubbing his wet face. His eyes stung, but he closed them, holding any more tears that tried to get out. "Stop cryin'," he scolded himself. "Ya knew it was gonna be like this." Atsumu sighed, dropping the phone and flopping onto his side, resting his head against the cushion on the sofa, resuming the show he had been watching. He sniffled softly and clenched his jaw.

He hated being sensitive.

Ω

Atsumu was woken up when Sakusa lightly shook him.

"You should sleep in bed," he advised softly. Atsumu sat up slowly and yawned, rubbing his sore eyes and seeing Sakusa more clearly. "Are you in any pain?" Sakusa wondered. Atsumu rubbed his neck.

"My hips 'n' my stomach," he answered, startled by the raspiness of his voice. Sakusa was quiet for a moment.

"Did you cry?" He wondered, kneeling so he was just a bit shorter than Atsumu, looking up at him. Atsumu shook his head, but his eyes were stinging all over again. "What happened?" Sakusa inquired. Atsumu shook his head.

"Nothin' m'fine," he declared weakly. Sakusa narrowed his eyes.

"Tell me," he ordered. Atsumu didn't want to appear clingly.

Sakusa was not his mate.

Sakusa was barely his friend.

He didn't have a right to get upset by his reaction.

"Atsumu," he said with a hard voice.

"S'fine, Omi," he answered, dropping his gaze.

"It's not. Did you get hurt? Did something upset you? I want to help, Miya—"

"Ya didn' care about them movin'," Atsumu mumbled. Sakusa went quiet. "I thought ya'd be excited... see, it's stupid," he said. He regretted mentioning it.

"Were you upset by what I said?" Sakusa wondered. "Why?"

"Because ya acted like I—!" Atsumu started. "Never mind."

"Tell me."

"No."

Sakusa grabbed Atsumu's jaw and forced their eyes to meet. Atsumu was shocked by the assertive action.

"Tell. Me."

He yanked his chin out of Sakusa's grasp and turned his head away, a pout resting on his lips while he remained adamant on not facing the Alpha.

"Atsumu," he growled, making him shrink a bit. His eyes watered again. Sakusa didn't need to use that tone. He didn't need to force Atsumu to answer.

"Stop," he pleaded quietly, clenching his hands. "I don' wanna talk right now."

He tensed, waiting for Sakusa to snap. But it never came.

"Are you tired?"

Atsumu offered him a slight nod.

"Would you like to sleep in my bed?"

Before he could stop himself, Atsumu nodded again.

Damn his Omega.

The idea of basking in Sakusa's pheromones was more than enticing.

Atsumu walked up the steps to Sakusa's room and jumped onto the bed, inhaling his pleasant scent. It smelled amazing every fucking time.

Atsumu let out a satisfied groan, closing his eyes and feeling himself sink into a sleepy state.

When he started to think.

I can't be mad at him.

He's looking out for me. He's treated me better than any Alpha would. He's taking responsibility so why...

Why do I still want more?

I have enough.

I don't need him to bite me.

I don't need him to be my boyfriend.

Why am I so selfish?

Atsumu sighed as a tear slipped out of his closed eye.

"Why can't 'nyone like me?" He wondered. "What's wrong with me?" He rubbed his stomach as he pondered.

Would the babies love him?

Would Sakusa hate them?

A lump grew in his throat as his thought wandered.

I burden him.

I'm just the vessel.

Don't forget your place, Miya Atsumu.