Chapter 14: Keep your enemies close, but your friends closest.

Riding on the Bullhead, you were sitting right in front of Ironwood in the back of the bullhead.

Ironwood:" You know you impress me, the sheer fact that you beat Winter to such a degree just goes to show how much better you could be with the experience."

Yn:" I feel as if I already have enough experience thank you so much"

Ironwood:" Yes but... can you tarnish things emotionally?"

Yn:" To a high degree I say I can, why?"

Ironwood:" I'm just asking, It's good to be emotionally ready, it helps you prepare for anything traumatizing or a low in your life."

Yn:" I guess that is so..."

You grab your neck feeling the implanted computer, Jacques- or the scientist put onto your body, Ironwood notices and grabs it with his left arm ripping it away.

Yn:" He-"

Ironwood:" So Jacques wanted to track you?"

Yn:" What?"

Ironwood:" Look"

He shows a little blue tracker on the visor and frowns.

Yn:" So there was a backside to his 'Help'"

Ironwood:" Let me teach you a lesson here since I really can't help you with much"

Crushing the tracker ironwood pulls up his left sleeve showing scars and burns

Ironwood:" There are no signs that the 'Bad' guys in this world are disappearing, that hasn't changed even before I joined Atlas and their military."

Yn:" Is that really why you joined the army?"

Ironwood:" Yeah, a long time ago promised to a friend that I would help this... well bad world, but I guess I haven't made a difference."

You leaned forward intrigued by the words of Ironwood.

Yn:" Doesn't that make you... angered or saddened in a way?"

Ironwood:" No im not necessarily sad about that. But there has been something bothering me the past few years."

Yn:' What could that be?'

Ironwood:" As the days pass, my emotions grow more... shunned, fear joy or anger, is something I don't get much anymore. But that always came at a price for my semblance. It forces me to strengthen my mental fortitude. And of course, with that, there are some backlashes to affecting how the mind works"

You were caught off guard, you already knew what Ironwood's semblance was, but... to affect him this much.

Ironwood:": Maybe I've lost the essentials of being human, I mean look at you, confused, and or rationality is influencing you as I speak. But before I discovered my semblance I had all kinds of emotions whirling inside me during battle. Dread, panic, rage... But now all I need is to finish the battle and the day's work is done."

Yn:' So he turned to a repetitive worker huh...'

Ironwood:" Sure a bunch of people want my job but... If I could give it up without any backlash I would. When im out fighting Grimm, I never feel like my heart's really into it anymore... Of course, what I do is important but the only real thing that makes me love my job."

Yn:' What is it?'

Ironwood:" In the end, all I care about is seeing the people of Atlas flutter and smile at each other... But of course, that rarely occurs with all the racism in this god forbidden place... So truly I have no reason to stay at all... But when I go out to other continents in this world seeing everyone flutter... God, I wish Atlas had a better reputation and was able to uphold that reputation."