Chapter 36: Who am I?

Fuck it we going, Hemingway

Neo:' Where did you get this from?'

Qrow:" Don't worry about it; Roman's fine where he is."

Neo was close to speaking but was disrupted by her earful to Qrow.

Yn:" If I may interject, Qrow, I've been meaning to ask this, but- Well, you see what's been going on yet."

You said, gripping onto your weapon sheaths before sighing.

Qrow:" What's wrong?"

With courtesy, you pulled out a bud of dust; the color reflected an orange hue that shone so brash in the shadows. Glimpsing back at Qrow, you sighed once more.

Yn:" I don't know why, but I'm having a questionable time asking. But what's the difference between dust, semblance, and magic?"

Qrow nodded and accepted mentally that the differences were minute yet vital. Pulling out his scroll, it didn't take more than a minute to show you a picture.

Qrow:" The difference is, magic has more of an after effect"

Neo spectated, keeping her noetic conceptions to herself. You stared as Qrow reached out to the bud, utilizing it to cause a little explosion in his hands. Being ostentatious with his hands, it didn't seem to leave any marking.

Qrow:" You see magic doesn't follow the same rules as dust. One, is it limited; you can't have much lying around your body, can you? You would have to carry 100 pounds (ca. 45 kg) worth of bullets, only to carry enough for 2 weeks"

Yn:" That's all?"

Qrow:" Hey kid im not finished, the use of a semblance is something important to all of us, im surprised you haven't unlocked yours yet, with all the mishaps. But imagine magic, having every single semblance in existence put together"

Neo:' What?'

Qrow:" Do I need to explain this? 

Yn:" Is that it... is magic just a glorified form of semblances?"

Qrow:" Not exactly, you see magic riles up from the soul, every being having aura can use this magic if inherited. The difference is magic that, it uses the soul, while normally you use your soul to use your semblance"

Yn:" What?"

Qrow:" Think of magic as a sentient being, magic uses you as much as you use it. Your aura and soul make your semblance personal to you, but magic has... magic has every single- Imagine every single semblance in one body. That's what magic is"

Yn:" I can tell how much potential that has, but I don't see it. Neither do I see the point of risking many people- just for that"  

Qrow:" Maybe ill show you over in Beacon, you do want to come back to Beacon correct?"

Your chest grew and fell in expeditious pace, your breathing turned into a ponderous yet fumbling until you brought in a sharp breath that brought you back to the subsisting world.                                                                                                 
Qrow:" Do you want to come back to Beacon?"

Yn:" Im... Im going, to be honest Qrow, I honestly have no idea. I dont know if returning to Beacon will be the best option"

Perceiving this, Qrow pinched the ends of his nose whilst he crossed over his arms with fists. His discontent was conspicuous and tedious.

Qrow:" Where are you going to go then? You're going to wander around like some nobody?"

Yn:" Yes, that's right on the dot"

Everything coming out of your moth was grating to hear, Neo was having trouble hearing you out as well. In an orotund voice, Qrow spoke ringing his words.