Chapter 42:A Time For Potential Change

Lenora Academy: Prestigious Meeting Room

When we last left off, Team RWBY and JNPR were pleasantly surprised to see a familiar face that had made themselves known. Not only was it a Goddess, but the one which the Past Y(N) so desperately wanted to slaughter above all others. Vlora, the last of the first generation of Deities who had watched everyone she had ever known, slain by the monstrous beast known as Oozaru. If one did not know any better, they would say she was just an innocent bystander. But, she knew the truth and would not deny the part she played in her own kinds downfall.

Vlora: (Her gaze was unmoving) ....

Priscilla: (She held a composed expression) ....

Currently, the Goddess stayed silent, leaning against the wall as she glanced at a well-crafted mask in the center of a table. The same mask which Y(N) had worn earlier, though now its owner was long gone now. Sitting at the head of the table was Priscilla: Yamoshi and Lucille's adopted mother, who also stayed quiet for the moment. Before a word was even spoken between the two woman, the main doors suddenly opened, drawing the attention of the two in the room as Yamoshi and Lucille stepped in, having a conversation amongst themselves.

Yamoshi: Are you so sure that leaving the kids in the garden by their lonesome was a good idea? I know you mean well, but you know how they tend to be distracted quite easily at times.

Lucille: You worry too much. Our garden is in good hands, I assure you. Plus, I'd say it will help them to be more productive, if anything.

Priscilla: (Addresses the two) You both sure took your time. It is quite rude to keep our honorable guest waiting.

Vlora: Do not fret about such a ridiculous endeavor, Priscilla. You know as well as I do that the concept of "time" has never been an issue for me.

Yamoshi: (Addresses his "mother") Hey, while I'm still here, the children's assurance comes first. Their safety is of upmost importance. Plus, I had to think of something to explain the commotion they heard outside.

Lucille: They are all fine as of now, I can assure you, Ms. Lenora.

Priscilla: (She glances at Lucille with a soft expression) They may be alright, but are you? Even with your minor injuries, seeing the Duke once again must have brought back some unpleasant memories for you. I know you mean well, though, you do not have to force yourself to be here. Please, if you are unwell, feel free to rest for the day. Your work can wait until tomorrow.

Lucille: (She tenses for a moment, but quickly calms herself) I am thankful for your words, I truly am... But, I am well enough to be here now. (She softly touches her small wound, which has already begun healing) I've suffered from far worse than this in the past...

Priscilla: (Sighs) She is almost as stubborn as you, Yamoshi. I blame you for influencing her in such a way. Your unwavering reckless nature to withstand all that is thrown your way has had quite an effect on this household.

Yamoshi: Thank you.... Wait... Was that meant to be an insult or a word of praise?

Priscilla: (Leans back into her seat) Yes.

Vlora: (Stares in interest at Yamoshi, possible wondering how a Saiyan can be so calm and "righteous") Hmm...

Yamoshi: (Notices her staring) ...Now, before anything else is said...I have to ask this... (He turns to his "mother") You do know you are placing this entire world in grave danger by allowing a Deity to be here? And I mean no offense, Miss Goddess. But, surely you know the penalty for your kind, do you not?