Chapter 7:Potential Unlocked

Professor Oobleck's Class

Y(N) was currently listing to Oobleck's lecture trying to figure out what the hyperactive teacher drinks before starting class. He was currently sitting next to a sleeping Jaune, thankfully Cardin and his teammates were still in the infirmary. At the other desks were Weiss, Blake, and Pyrrha, and right below their desks was Velvet. Professor Oobleck was in the middle of a hyperactive lecture zooming back and forth while talking.

 Professor Oobleck was in the middle of a hyperactive lecture zooming back and forth while talking

Oobleck: Yes! Yes, prior to the Faunus Rights Revolution-more popularly known as the Faunas War...(Zooms to the map covered in papers behind his desk) ...humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing the Faunus population in. (Points at the map, then zooms off for a sip of his coffee before appearing in front of the desk) Now! While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events! Why, the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day!" (Zooms around the classroom ) Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated against because of your Faunus heritage?

Some of the students raised their hands as Y(N) watched Velvet raise her hand.

Oobleck: Dreadful, simply dreadful! Remember, students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence! (Takes another sip of his coffee) I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to the White Fang! Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorize to be the turning point in the third year of the War?" (Weiss raises her hand) Yes?

Weiss: The Battle At Fort Castle!

Y(N): (What genius thought of that name? I've heard better naming from Yamcha...)

Oobleck: Precisely! And, who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune's forces?

Y(N) noticed Oobleck glare at Jaune, who was still sleeping, so Y(N) quickly nudged him on the shoulder causing him to wake up instantly.

Jaune: (Quickly sits upright) Huh?

Oobleck: (Zooms over to Jaune) Mr. Arc! Finally contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?

Jaune: Uhhhh... The answer... The advantage... that the Faunus... (Looks behind Oobleck at Pyrrha, who coughs and motions to her eyes) ...had over that guy's stuff... (Pyrrha cups her hands around her eyes while Y(N) was shaking his head) Uhh... Binoculars!

The class laughs at Jaune's answer while Oobleck sips his coffee. Pyrrha sighs while Y(N) face-palms.

Y(N) POV