Chapter 27:Quoth The Raven(Part 2)

Raven's Tribe

Yang finally enters the camp, escorted by a few bruised bandits who she had roughed up earlier. She notices more bandits lining up along the path, giving angry glares at her. Vernal steps out of her tent to see what the commotion is about. The two bandits guarding Ruby are playing cards with each other, before joining the rest of their tribe to see Yang walk in. Ruby doesn't notice Yang as she holds tightly to her weapon as tears fall from her eyes as she thinks about you and the bullhead exploding.... As Yang stops walking, Raven emerges from the main tent with her mask on.

Yang: Mom.

Raven: (Removing her mask) Yang. (Smiling) So, after all this time you finally decided to visit me.

Yang feels her hands start shaking again, however, she thankfully manages to quickly calm down when she thinks of you.

Yang: You know that I searched for you. I spent years looking for you.

Raven: And you've found me. You were patient, determined, and strong enough to make your dream a reality. Well done, Yang. But did you have to be so rough with my men?

Yang: I didn't want a fight. They started it.

Raven: Well, you certainly finished it.

There's a moment of silence before Raven speaks up.

Raven: Right. I'm sure this is all very overwhelming. But I must admit that you've proven yourself. So any questions you have I'll be happy to answer. You can stay with us tonight. I'll even have the cooks whip up something for you.

Yang: That's not why I am here.

Most of the bandits grunt in annoyance and anger at Yang.

Raven: What was that?

Yang: As much as I would like to stay and chat, I'm here on a mission. But, before I can discuss anything further, I need to find Uncle Qrow, Ruby, and...Y(N).

Raven: ....And what makes you think that they are here in Anima?

Yang: We were on our way here on a bullhead until it was shot down from the sky.

Raven: (Stiffens in place) Wait...You were on that bullhead?

Yang: Yes, and if I managed to survive then everyone else did as well...(Yang stares suspiciously at Raven)...How do you know about the bullhead?

Raven: That is not important....So, you want to find your little sister and Qrow....Then, who is this Y(N) that you mentioned?

Yang: He's someone very important to me. He's the reason that I'm here in the first place. And I need your help to find him, my sister, and Uncle Qrow.

Raven: And why would I do that?

Yang: Because we're family.

Raven: (Scowls and mutters) Family. Only coming around when they need something. (Turns to Yang) I have to say, I'm disappointed. After all, you found me, didn't you? So, why not find your "special" friend and your companions yourself?

Yang: Because you're going to save me time. When the bullhead exploded, Qrow and Ruby were sent to different parts of the forest. Looking for them will take a very long time. But...Dad told me how your semblance works.

Raven: (Under her breath) Tai...

Yang: You can bond with certain people. And when you do, you could create a portal that takes you straight to them. You've got one for Dad. One for me. And you've got one for Qrow. And knowing Qrow, he probably already found Ruby by now. So, I need you to make a portal to Uncle Qrow.