Chapter 26:Quoth The Raven(Part 1)

Two Days Ago: The Village Of Higanbana

In the inside of a tavern, Qrow Branwen is currently evaluating what Ozpin told him a day ago...Qrow was filled with complete shock and surprise when Ozpin told him that the war between Salem was finally over and that Amber's maiden powers were returned. The moment Qrow received the message, the first thing he did was slap himself in the face and told himself it was just a dream and that he had too many drinks last night...However, Ozpin assured him that he wasn't dreaming. He even casually sent a photo of the now-human Salem to prove his point...But, before Qrow could ask any questions, Ozpin assured him that the one responsible for ending the war will answer all of his inquests in due time. All he can do now is be thankful that humanity is at peace....for now....

Qrow: (Thinking) It's over....It's finally over....The war with Salem has been won....Years of fighting in this war only to have some huntsmen-in-training come along and end it so easily.....Well, I guess it's time to get so drunk that I either get kicked out or wake up in an alley again! Now that Salem's somehow no longer evil, I have more time to drink and get wasted.

Qrow picks up his glass of liquor only to find it empty...Disappointed, Qrow sets the glass down and prepares to order another one until a waitress sets down another glass of liquor with ice in front of him.

Qrow: Hold up, I didn't-

Waitress: It's from the woman upstairs. Red eyes. Said you wouldn't mind bottom shelf.

Qrow turns and looks up to see the edge of a balcony. Qrow turns back towards the waitress.

Qrow: Thanks.

Waitress: (Winks) But I went ahead and gave you top. Lucky you.

With a smirk, Qrow watches the waitress as she walks away. After she is gone, he looks through the two windows to see no one in the lobby of the inn.

Qrow: (Picks up the glass of liquor) Let's get this over with...

He heads up the stairs and pauses when he sees a very familiar face waiting for him at one of the tables...

Raven: Hello, brother.

Qrow stares at her from the top of the stairs for a moment before moving to her.

Qrow: Raven.

He pulls the chair that's beside her and drags it to a position across from her. With his hand on the back of the chair, he sits down.

Qrow: Say what you have to say and leave, so I can get back to celebrating.

Raven: Oh, and why are you celebrating?

Qrow: (Takes a sip) I'll tell you if you keep these drinks coming... (Sets the glass down) ...But, I'm sure you already know...

Raven: Has "she" truly been defeated?

Qrow: Even more surprising is somehow she's human now.

Raven: (Stares suspiciously) Impossible. Ozpin doesn't have the power nor the abilities to-

Qrow: Who said it was Ozpin? ...Turns out it was someone else...

Raven: Do you know who it was?

Qrow: Even if I did, I wouldn't tell you. And why are you asking? You should be glad that Salem is no longer evil and causing near-worldwide destruction.