Chapter 31:An Eventful Time In Menagerie(Part 3)

When we last left off, Y(N) and Blake discovered a spy in the area and are now chasing the supposed faunus who was gathering information on them. The spy was quick to run when she was found, but Y(N) and Blake are not giving up so easily. Currently, you were running at a moderate pace next to Blake while examining the spy...and then you realized something important.

Y(N): (Notices the spy leap above in the palm trees) Blake, I'll need you to chase the spy by yourself for a while.

Blake: What, why?!

Y(N): Using my powers will draw unwanted attention, so I'll need my weapons. Don't worry, I'll be back before you know it.

Blake gives you a quick nod before you teleport away.

Blake: I won't let her out of my sight!

The spy emerges from the trees and jumps onto a roof. She continues to run across the buildings with Blake right behind her. Sliding under some arching pipes, the spy turns and stops. The spy reveals her weapon in a whip-like form, as she slices the pipe, releasing steam to block Blake. It doesn't work as Blake moves right under the pipes through the steam.

Blake: Why were you watching us?

The spy seems to smile as she lowers her weapon. You instantly appear on the roof behind the spy as she quickly turns around to see you holding your duel swords.

Blake: Y(N)?! That was quick.

Y(N): Told ya I'd be back before you know it.

Before more could be said, the spy's whip comes straight at you, which you easily deflect with your duel blades.

Y(N): (You turn your swords into their gun mode as you aim them at the spy) Try that again, and I'll put a dust bullet through your skull.

The spy seems to freeze at your threat, which gave Blake the chance to kick the scroll the spy was holding onto the ground. The spy is surprised but manages to avoid Blake's next attack and respond with a kick of her own, which Blake manages to dodge. The spy turns and tries to retrieve the scroll, but she stopped moving the moment you appeared right behind her with your swords aimed at her throat.

Y(N): Blake, get the scroll. Seems like it's pretty important.

Spy: NO!

The spy manages to back-kick you, but it had no effect as the spy simply lost her balance and fell over just by trying to kick you.

Y(N): Oh, You're quite clumsy, aren't ya?

Spy: (Visibly angered) Shut up!

The spy uses her whip to attack you, but you quickly moved backward as the spy stood up from her little tumble.

Blake: (Stops and stares at the spy) That voice...

Y(N): (You notice Blake look distracted from hearing the spy's voice) Blake, quit staring and grab the scroll!

Blake snaps back to reality as she grabs the scroll in her hand. And you notice the spy aiming her weapon at Blake.

Y(N): Time to end this.

In less than a second, you hit the spy on the side of the head with the hilt of your sword. The force of your small hit caused the mask on the spy's face to crumble into dust as the spy was sent flying sideways as she fell and lay lifelessly.

Blake: (Turns to you in shock) Y(N)! Did you-

Y(N): (You place the duel swords on your back) No, she's very much alive. I didn't even hit her that hard. (You turn your head as you see the spy grunting in pain) Maybe now we can interrogate her.