April 27

Kellins POV

Friday. the day most students can't wait for. Yayyy.. going home.

gag me.

Me and Justin say bye to Matty then head home. Justin's been my best friend and next door neighbor since i moved here in the fourth grade. Hes the only person who actually knows me. knee scrapes and detentions, hes been there.

"ah sorry," he mumbles after stepping on the back of my shoe.

"fucking cunt."

and with that i turn a corner, not giving a shit if he had something to say in response, and headed to my favorite place on earth.

Pete's coffee

no, not the multi-million dollar chain... its a small, cozy, family run coffee shop.

a small, cozy, family run coffee shop that i love.

Vics POV

the all too familiar jingle of the bell above the door rings, blessing the angel that just walked in. My Love.

"Give me an uh.. large vanilla iced coffee... with an extra shot of espresso. Oh and oatmilk.. not cow milk. thanks." he ends his order with a hint of sass, just the way i like it.

I already had the order down in the computer, but before i could give him his total he flashes the gift card! YES THAT CARD! With a shaky hand i carefully put the card, that i once owned, through the reader and returned it to its rightful owner.

without a word he walks to the pick up counter and waits so impatiently it seems comedic. with every tap of the foot and every unnecessarily loud sigh, i cant help but to think "hes so amazing."

I try to catch his gaze but like always he has something better to look at. window, hands, phone, never me. His coffee is quickly done, but before he grabs it he looks up at me with a slight glint in his eyes. But before my hopes get too high, he grabs his coffee and leaves.

Another one for the books.

Kellins POV

I can't believe i used that card.. but its not like its from some deranged serial killer. Its probably just from some random fan girl who thinks she has a chance. pathetic.

I walk to my second favorite spot in the world, under the bridge. kinda sketchy, mainly relaxing. i get seated on a patch of grass and take a sip of my coffee, god damn its so good. I need to tweet about this.

As i go to put my wallet away something catches my eye, the yellow stationary that came along with the card. my heart starts to pick up in pace as i pick it up to give it another read. It's written horribly, the worst! but i cant help but kinda like it. seriously cringe but its so genuine it's endearing. Even though i would never write something so embarrassing in my life, i respect whoever did.

I grab my phone and snap a picture of the trainwreck of a poem and send it to Justin, he will definitely get a laugh out of this.

Justn: WHAT IS THAT LMFAOOO

kquinn: I KNOQ RIGHT!!!!
kquinn: I FOUND IT IN MY LOCKER EARLIER THIS WEEK

Justn: that is seriously deranged kellin.. who knows how much that freak is obsessed with you..

kquinn: pffftt you worry too much its just a harmless letter

Justn: bro did u eveb read it???? it loterally says hes watching u....

kquinn: shut up justin >:(

......"he"? I honestly didnt even think it could be a he... i mean yea it would be creepy if there was some guy watching my every move.. but thats impossible, im just some cunt.

My phone vibrates with another text from justin but i dont feel like checking it.

I plug in my headphones and watch the water from my discrete location.

Vic's POV

Finally! im off work, and its only 5. i have a really good chance of catching kellin while he's still under the bridge. I run over there as fast as i can, only taking a few minutes. i walk down the little hill towards the creek and find my spot. Its a little ways away from where kellin likes to sit, but i get a really good view from here.

I take a seat under the tree and peer to my right at kellin and cant believe what i see.. HES FUCKING READING THE LETTER!!!!!!KELLIN, THE LOVE OF MY LIFE! IS READING THE LOVE LETTER I WROTE HIM. my entire body shakes. i dont think i can breathe.. holy FUCKING SHIT! THIS CANT BE HAPPENING!!!! oh my fucking god ok vic calm down.... i just cant. all i hear is my heart racing and my breath filling my ears. its pounding.

breathe vic, breathe.

I cant.. i just cant. i-

not wanting to risk kellin finding my spot i crawl up the slant toward the street and steady myself. one, tree, breathe... two, dog, breathe... three, umbrella, breathe....

few hours later..

my room. boring. i hate it. i miss kellin. i wish i could call him. maybe i can text him on Instagram.. he was reading my poem so maybe i have a chance....

who am i kidding?! he doesnt even know its from me, and even if he did he wouldnt even be interested. Maybe if i... No Vic. get a grip. it has to be natural. Keep showing off ur expertise and talent. show him how good of a boyfriend u can be. then he will come to you. that letter was definitely a good start.. but it needs to be better.