Last Day

Crying. That's what I'm doing, crying. This seriously can't be happening. I drop my bag on the floor and run out onto the sidewalk. The morning traffic already honking, people walking there dogs, Lake Michigan as beautiful as ever. I keep running until I reach my school. I walk inside and find my friends still in the hallway, thankfully all gathered in one spot. I break the news and am immediately engulfed in a big group hug. Eventually the bell rings and we have to split, I promise I'll text and call them as often as possible and "I love you"s are thrown around. Then, they're gone and I find myself sulking out of the school doors one final time. I have junior lifeguarding tonight and swim practice right after so I can say goodbye to those friends then. I can't help but be angry. My parents just told me I was moving mid school year in a letter, and they didn't even tell me where to! I decide to walk around the city and go to my favourite spots. First, I go home and pick up Kingsley because I'm not about to be a 14 year old girl walking through Chicago by herself. Plus my Doberman always makes me feel better, though, he doesn't look like a dobe because he still has his full tail and ears. We go to the library first, yes Kingsley comes inside. Pets aren't allowed but he is a certified service dog so he comes with me. Another thing about me is that I have horrible anxiety. Not just horrible, crippling. I didn't go to school throughout most of grade six or seven but I'm getting better now. I have mild depression as well but it doesn't affect me as much as the anxiety. Anyway, after the library I go to my favourite café and get my go to chai latte. It's around 1:00pm now and I figure I should let Kingsley enjoy his time in Chicago too. We head to the beach and, despite it being February, see some wind surfers, people sitting on the stones with their kids and even some swimmers. I take off King's vest and give him the command that lets him know he's off duty as we stroll along the water. At about 2:00, o get a call from Flora asking where I am, I let her know I'm on my way back and put Kingsley back on leash.

Time Skip

I just spent 13 minutes in the car with my dad trying to talk to me about the move. I feel a little bad ignoring him but I'm still reasonably pissed off. I hop out at the swim center and head to the pool deck. The first hour is lessons and learning about treatment for strokes and the last half hour is in the pool doing distance swims and practicing pulling people out of the water. At the end of class I tell them that today will be my last day and the same routine from school rolls out again, hugs, "I'll miss you"s, jokes. I have 15 minutes before swimming practice starts so I spend it with my friends chatting and relaxing.
Swim club starts and I head back to the pool, we do our warm up and stretches, then swim, swim, swim. Around 45 minutes in, the coaches pull us out of the pool and a few kids run to the supply room with them. I'm met face to face with a big banner, about 10 photos of myself and the team, 3 team hoodies and... a cake?!? "What is happening?" I think to myself. My friends and teammates scream out something along the lines of "We will miss you y/n! Have fun in Atlanta!" How did they know about this? Did they know I was moving before I did? And wait... Atlanta! I'm moving to Atlanta! How the hell did they know before me?!? Thanks for the party but geez mum, really?
We have our little party and I have loads of fun.
Flora came to pick me up and on the way back home, something hits me. JADEN LIVES IN ATLANTA. He knows who I am and we've had a small conversation already, could I meet him? I can't believe I didn't realize earlier and shit, I gotta message him. As if the universe can read my mind, I get a notification from instagram: @onwardjdub 1 new message

Hi
How was your day?

Well... interesting for sure

What's up?

Uhh I'm moving to Atlanta

Shit no way!

Yeah!
I'm excited I guess

What do you mean you guess
Not exited to meet me babes?

Oh. My. God. I think I'm in love.

Hmm yk I'm not sure

Aw come on you know you think I'm pretty

Ok you got me there

I gotta go but hopefully I'll see you for real soon
Night 💕

Hearts. I'm seriously a whole simp.

Good night 😘

A/N: this chapter was all over the place but juiciness coming soon!! (: