Art On Fire

Jayla is driving us to school today. Earlier this morning, her, Javon and I walked Daelo to his school, so we all fit in the truck. The parents went out for a walk and then to some café for breakfast.

When we arrive, we walk through the courtyard and to the lockers. I take off my jacket and shove it on the top shelf of my locker, grabbing my books and heading to history, my least favourite class.

 I take off my jacket and shove it on the top shelf of my locker, grabbing my books and heading to history, my least favourite class

I've never been one to wear skirts a lot, but it was really warm today so I figured "why not"

I've never been one to wear skirts a lot, but it was really warm today so I figured "why not". The Waltons were complaining about it being cold but seriously, it's 14 C (57 F) and sunny! I guess living in Georgia your whole life, you don't get very used to the cold. I adjust very well to temperatures with living in Calgary where it's cold three out of four seasons, and the weather changes every 5 minutes, living in Perth where it reaches up to 40 C (107 F) and the being in other places where it's mild or rainy...

I reach history and sit next to Bo. Their hair is fuchsia today and it looks really cool. Bo has an afro and I'm pretty sure they use colour wax to colour their hair so I wonder if they'll have a new colour every day. Jaden waltzes in about a minute into my conversation with Bo, and sits on the other side of me. I give him a quick peck as a greeting and class starts.

Time Skip

My day has been super chill, up until now. I'm walking towards the exit of the school as the fire alarm blares through the speakers. Not sure if it's a drill or not, I still want to get out of the building. When it started, I was in the hallway on my way to my next class so I wasn't alone and Jaden is helping me find my way, telling me the protocol. Everyone is outside now and we are waiting to hear what's happening, I don't hear any sirens or see any flashing lights in the distance so I assume it is only a drill. While standing in the courtyard, I am informed that spring break starts next week which is a pleasant surprise because it means that this whole month, I will only have had two weeks off, a week at my new school and then another week off. I should probably get back in the habit of a routine though. Eventually, the principal comes out and tells us it was just practice and then congratulates us on being quick and safe. I didn't think people actually did that, I figured it was just a movie thing.

Jaden takes my hand in his and we walk to art class. Art is one of my favourite classes, I love to draw and paint and I'm not too bad at it. The art teacher hands me the assignment and I get started. I glance over at Jaden who is talking to Zack about something baseball related, I look at his work and notice that Zack's is really nice, Jaden's on the other hand... Its a totally simple shading project, all we have to do is draw some squiggly lines, connect them with curves and then colour them in, making it look like the light is hitting them in specific places, yet J has completely butchered it.

 Its a totally simple shading project, all we have to do is draw some squiggly lines, connect them with curves and then colour them in, making it look like the light is hitting them in specific places, yet J has completely butchered it

A/N: Sooo... It's been a minute. Anyway, some drama coming up soon loves (:

This chapter is dedicated to A.P. and E.M. <3