Comments and Trust

We say we'll put on one more song then close off the live and go to bed. Jayla picks "Heartbeat" by Childish Gambino. Flora and the boys don't recognize it at first but then start to sing when the chorus comes on. "That's why we broke up in the first place... cause" we sing, I start doing the lyrics in sign language and Jayla looks at me.

"You know sign language?" she signs to me.

"Just a bit," I answer, "but I wanted to learn a song and I chose this one!"

"Uh cool! I know it too but I'm definitely not a pro."

"Babe, neither am I" I say aloud and laugh, soon enough, the five of us are laughing purely because of each other's giggles and snorts.

"Ok we gotta quiet down" says Wanna, shushing us.

We keep dancing to the music, lip syncing instead of screaming out the lyrics. I look over at Jaden who is silently singing his heart out, I zone in on him and the room goes quiet. I read his lips, god, his lips, "I want you to know, that I am ready to go!" Then he turns to me and I fade back into reality. He grabs my hand and twirls me around, pulling me in by my waist as we look into each other's eyes, shouting the final lyric without making a noise: "I wish we never fucked, and I mean that." I can't help but smile at the beautiful boy in front of me. Javon sees us and says "Ay yall fucked? You only met today!" He says jokingly, reffering to the line from the song, cussing, forgetting we are on live. We all quickly turn to the phone and watch the comments flood in. Some about Javon swearing, some about the song but mainly all about Jaden and I. I'm not sure how I feel, they are mainly ship names and cute comments, but I do clock some hate.

She's not good enough for him

Are we sure they're dating I mean look at her

Literally why would he choose her!?!?

Only a day?! god what a slut

I turn around and sit back on the couch, I curl up in a corner and grab a box of "Mike n' Ike"s. Flo comes over and sits by my side, wrapping her arm around me and pulling a blanket over us. She doesn't say anything but I know she saw the chat. I hear the Waltons close the live and suggest we go sit upstairs in one of their rooms. I figure they saw the comments but try to not talk about them, as if to signal to me that I should ignore them.

We all go sit in Jayla's room and chat a little bit. Jaden notices I'm not talking and asks me if I'm ok.

"Just tired" I say quietly.

"Why don't we go to bed then, huh?" he whispers.

"Ok."

"Alright, y/n and I are gonna head to bed, good night everyone."

I walk around, giving everyone hugs and so does J. He holds my hand and brings me to his room. I grab my toiletries from my bag, still sitting there from earlier and brush my teeth. I crawl under the covers, rolling onto my side. Jaden walks in from the bathroom and climbs into bed with me. He pulls me closer to him by my waist and I nuzzle my head into the crook of his neck.

"I saw some of those comments, I hope you know that they're all wrong and just rude trolls." he says.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he continues when I don't answer.

"Mmh mmh" I mutter.

"Can I ask you one thing though?" he asks.

I look up at him.

"How come you didn't have any popcorn, I know it's your favourite snack and you didn't have many of the other snacks, nor did you finish your dinner. What's up with that?" he asks with a worried expression. I can tell he has good intentions while also trying to not overstep my boundaries.

Tears from in my eyes and he hugs me tighter, he kisses my forehead and I end up telling him everything.

He assures me that everything will get better and that he will help me get through whatever life throws at me. I thank him with a kiss and drift off to sleep.

Time Skip

I wake up spooning with J, I glance at the clock: 4:37am. Then I feel something poking into me from behind. I roll over to see Jaden's breathing has quickened as he mumbles "babes" and "fuck, y/n". "Is he having a motherfucking wet dream about me!?!?!" I scream internally. I am defo flattered but like, I'm 14 and he's 15, pretty damn young if you ask me. I wriggle out of his arms and go to the bathroom. When I come back, he has turned over and I can no longer see his hard on. I get back in bed and fall back asleep.

A/N: Some angst, some spice, a bit confusing but hey, it is what it is :)