The Night Before

"Jaden?" I say, attempting to gage if he is awake.

"Yeah?" he responds.

"I can't sleep" I complain.

"Why not?"

"What do you mea- I don't know dude."

He puts his hand over his chest, as if he had been stabbed, "Dude? Damn ok."

"Oh come on, I call everyone dude!" I exclaim.

"Am I everyone?" he asks, smirking.

"No, but you are everything. My everything."

"You are so incredibly corny," he laughs.

"Just take the damn compliment."

"Alright, alright, thank you babes." I can't see much in the dark but I can tell he's smiling. "I can't sleep either."

"Why not?" I ask in a silly voice, mocking him.

"Because I want t kiss you."

"So kiss me."

He leans down and brings his lips to mine. He's an extremely good kisser and I don't want it to end, but I do need to breathe. I pull away.

"Hey I wasn't done!" he says.

"Ok so what, I'm corny and you're horny?"

"Ay, I'm not horny I'm hormonal" he says, trying to keep a straight face.

"Aw, is it someone's time of the month?" I giggle.

He groans and starts tickling me. I kick him and squirm in his grasp.

"Hey, hey, hey! Are you trying to wake up the whole house?"

"Hmm, I guess you'll just have to try not to laugh," he teases.

"I'm not worried about that, I'm worried that I punch you and you'll scream out in pain."

"Not gonna happen," he says cockily, returning to the tickling.

I toss and flail and squeal quietly until I slap him on the back of the neck and he DOES scream out in pain.

"Quiet, big man, people are sleeping. And I thought it 'wasn't gonna happen'" I mock him.

"Oh you're so done" he says before flipping over me and trapping my lips with his own. He slips his tongue in my mouth, kissing me passionately, I give in and desperately kiss him back. I wrap my hands around his neck as he attaches his mouth to my throat, sucking and peppering kisses until he finds my sweet spot. I let out a gasp and remind him not to leave any marks.

"You're no fun," he pouts.

He kisses me again before dropping himself on my chest and muttering, "sleep."

I grunt, the sudden weight catching me by surprise. "Huh?" I question.

"Sleep. You are getting very sleepy..." he trails off in a fake hypnotist voice.

The kiss did put me in a trance, so maybe he has a future in hypnotism. But, now hypnotism i is what I'm thinking about. While I try to fall asleep, the only thing in my head are the lyrics to The Notorious B.I.G.'s "Hypnotize".

"Biggie, Biggie, Biggie, can't you see? Sometimes your words just hypnotize me and I just love your flashy ways. Guess that's why they're broke and you're so paid-"

"Why are you still awake and more importantly why are you singing?" I hear from just under my chin, I look and see J staring up at me.

"Was I doing that out loud?"

"Yes" he answers, plopping his head back on my chest.

"Oops, sorry" I apologize. I shut my eyes and play with Jaden's hair, drifting off to sleep.

A/N: A short, mainly dialogue chapter but I'm trying to get back into writing so I don't get stuck :)