PB and Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm gently awoken as we pull into the driveway, guess I fell asleep. I sit up and Jaden kisses my cheek. I smile, get out of the car and walk to the already open front door, excited to see my pup and my parents. More my dog though. As I step through the door, I'm engulfed by the smell of baked goods... and also by a hug from my mum.

"How was your day sweets?" asks my dad, coming toward us.

"It was good, I've got friends and the teachers seem alright."

"Good!" says my mum, letting go of the embrace, "Did you find all your classes ok? No problems with your schedule? Nobody was mean?" She bombards me with questions. I know she does it out of love, and because she cares about my mental health, but it makes me feel a little helpless, like I need constant care.

"Yes mama, all good. The only time I got lost was trying to find the bathroom and Benoît, Jaden's baseball teammate, helped me find my way." I reply.

At the mention of Ben, J whips his head around and looks at me.

"I made peanut butter-chocolate chip cookies," says my dad, "they're still fresh, come on, let's go get some."

I walk with him to the kitchen and grab a cookie, I hesitate at first but, hey, I deserve it. I take a bit and my mouth floods with flavour. The gooey chocolate melting on my tongue as a large smile spreads across my face. Then Kingsley comes trotting up to me, snuggling into my knees.

"Hey buddy!" I say, happy to see my best friend, "Oh my goodness I missed you" I add, rubbing his ears.

Everyone then enters the kitchen and takes a cookie. The parents as well, DJ tells Javon to get ready for a quick training session and they both go upstairs. I sit on the couch with Daelo, deciding to take a break before starting on the small amount of homework that I have. We turn on the TV and watch some random home makeover show, it's nice because it's mindless so I can just sit and relax, turn off my brain for a while. Jaden sits down next to me and wraps his arm around my shoulder. I think he can tell I don't have the energy for a conversation, because he looks at me, shuffles closer, then looks back at the TV.

We hear a loud squeal from upstairs, all of our heads shoot to look at where the noise came from. Daelo stands up and rushes up the stairs, along with Jessica. Jaden looks at me worryingly.

"We should go check what happened" he says.

"Don't worry," I grab his arm, "that's Flo's excited squeal, I guarantee you everything is fine."

"Ok, if you say so."

Jess comes back downstairs. "What was it?" asks Jaden.

"Something about Flora and a boy" answers Jessica.

"I told you so" I giggle, nudging his side.

"Where's Mumps?" he asks.

"He wanted to be part of the action and get in on the drama, so he's chilling up there with the girls."

Time Skip

"Time to do homework now?"

"Mmmm" I whine "I don't wanna Jaden."

"Come on, it's only a little bit" he tries to persuade me.

"Fine" I grumble, standing up and grabbing my back pack.

Finally, we're done our homework, Jaden has geography and math where as I only have social. It takes about 45 minutes for him to complete it. It should only take 15 minutes to do mine, but when I get to the last part, I zone out and stare into space.

"Y/n! Babes!" I'm pulled out of my daze when Jaden waves his hand in front of my face. "You good?"

"Yeah, sorry, just spaced out for a minute."

"Not a minute, ten" he says.

"Oh shit" I quickly finish writing and close all of my books.

"Let's go relax, you seem tense."

We lay down in his bed, I'm cuddled into his side as he plays with my hair. I thought you were having a good day, what happened?" J asks me.

"I don't know, my social battery just died I guess" I respond.

"Well would you have enough energy to teach me some French?" he questions.

"You want to learn French?" I say, a little bit surprised.

"Yeah, it sounds pathetic, but I don' like when you talk to Benoît, because I can't understand you two."

"Aww, you know what is actually pathetic though?"

"What" he chuckles.

"The night before you DM'd me, I was sat in bed reading a Wattpad story about you" I say shyly.

"A what story?" he asks, clearly confused.

"It's an app where people write books and fan-fictions" I explain.

"So I'm dating a fan!" he exclaims, starting to laugh more and more.

"Hey, there's no going back now Pretty Boy" I laugh too.

Suddenly he rolls over to look at me, we lock eyes and the chuckle-fest dies down. "I don't think you understand how much I love it when you call me Pretty Boy. Words can't describe it" he says, a certain glint in his eyes.

"So show me" I say, a wave of confidence flowing through me.

A/N: Making you wait for the next part... sorry not sorr(;