Humpty Dumpty Had A Big Fall

As we get further and further into the movie, I feel my eyes get heavier and heavier. I feel a warm hand slip down to my waist, I look up at Jaden and he tucks my hair behind my ear. I can't help but smile and blush at that.

Time Skip

After eating breakfast, (a piece of toast with jam) we get dressed in our snow gear and head out.

My jacket is black and white and my snow pants are plain white, it'd be easy to loose me in the snow if it weren't for my neon purple ski boots and bright pink skis

Even with the bright colours, my lower parts get covered with snow

Even with the bright colours, my lower parts get covered with snow. My parents say it's a safety hazard, which it probably is, but they haven't done anything about it.

I end up convincing Jaden to come up to one of the more difficult runs, ok maybe it's the hardest but I don't tell Jaden that, on the mountain with me, I've done it with my dad and by myself before so I know I'll be ok. I reassure him and eventually, we find ourselves at the top. He gets scared.

"Uhhh, maybe there's another way down?" he asks me nervously.

"The only way down is on your skis. Look, if you don't want to or you think you'll go to fast, just sit down and go down on your bum." I tell him, trying to calm his nerves. "I won't leave your side, I promise."

He sticks his pinky out towards me, "promise?"

I link my finger with his, "promise."

I lean forwards and feel gravity push me down the slope. I see him coming down next to me. The both of us speed up and I go up one of the ramps, Jaden sticks to the mountain, opting for straight down instead of down then up then down again. I land and rejoin him, the two of us skiing side by side.

While I'm looking at him, I hear a grumble from the snow, then I fall. I tumble down the slope at full speed. I have no clue what direction I'm going in but I do feel my skis pop off and either a shard of ice or a rock scrape against my uncovered skin. My face stings of cuts and from the cold. A hand of mine becomes un-gloved and I feel scratched in that too.

I close my eyes and stop thrashing in the snow, opting to let physics do it's thing. I come to a stop, I hear people talking around me, I recognize Jaden's and my Father's voice.

Time Skip

I wake up to Jaden stood above me, caressing my cheek.

"Hey Sunshine, how do you feel?" he asks softly.

I look up at him, "what even happened?"

"You took quite a fall, but the paramedics checked you out and said you'll be ok. They bandaged you up and they're still here, I think they're in the kitchen having some coffee with the parents."

"Oh jeez." I pause before giggling, "did you at least have fun on the course?"

"That's what you're worried about?" he chuckles, "but yes, yes I did. I'm just going to tell everyone you've woken up, don't move and yell if you need anything ok? I'll be back in 10 seconds."

I nod my head and he rushes off, out of the room. True to his word, exactly nine seconds later, he returns with my mom, sister snd two people I'd never seen before. One holding a paramedics kit and the other with two bottles of pills in hand.

Once I'm treated, I'm given a prescription to help with the pain, something to help heal my scrapes and a direct way to reach help in case something goes wrong.

The health care coverage was weird because we are in Norway, but it all worked out once they contacted my mum's work.

Everyone checks on me, giving me hugs or snacks, I only end up eating the clementines and a few of the pretzels. The whole house is doing their own thing, teenage girls chatting upstairs, seven years olds playing Roblox, boxers training in the next room over.

Jaden walks over to me and motions for me to lift my head. He sits down in the sofa and I lay back down on his lap.

He places a hot-water-bottle on my stomach then begins rubbing circles on my back.

"Thank you" I whisper to him, too tired to make much noise.

He just turns down to face me, he kisses my forehead before pecking my lips. He leans down again and puts his lips on mine, the pair of them move softly. I can tell J is trying to be as gentle as he can, most likely scared to hurt me. Once we pull away, I look into his eyes and smile. We turn our attention back to the TV where we continue watching Shameless.

A/N: I was way too confident that I could get back into writing so easily... (: