Spring-y Break-y

It has been arranged for us to go together on a ski trip to Norway for 4 days, then the Waltons are going to New York for some famous people shit, and the y/l/ns are staying in Atlanta to get to know the city better. On the plane, I sit in the window seat next to Flora and Jayla, looking down at the world as we take off.

Time Skip

When we arrive at the cabin we are staying at, we pick our rooms. There are five bedrooms, my parents take one, DJ and Jessica share, Flora and Jayla, Javon and Daelo and Jaden and I. My dad still isn't too keen on having us share a room, let alone a bed but I think he gives up after my mum talks to him. I'm also pretty sure he had a conversation with J about... stuff.

The skiers and snowboarders are spilt, Flora, Jayla, my mum, Javon and DJ snowboard, leaving me, my dad, Daelo, Jessica and Jaden to ski. While I'm getting ready, I think about Kingsley, I decided I'd be ok with out him for a bit to practice independence so we left him at a "dog hotel" while we are on vacation. We get outside and all the Waltons are complaining and commenting on the weather.

"Nah man, I'm not built for snow" says DJ.

"Come on," says my dad, "it's a ski trip, what did you expect?"

"Plus it's not that cold, just snowy and fresh powder makes for good slopes" I add.

We get in the ski lift, in groups of three plus one group of four. We get to the top of the course we're taking and I slide off the seat, onto my skis. Javon completely falls over and rolls down to the flat.

"Come on buddy," says my mom, "up we go."

He wobbles but eventually stands up and heads down the mountain slowly, next to my mom. My father and I speed down through the snow, creating an unsaid race between us. It's a small, easier course so we get to the bottom pretty fast, I reach the finish flag about half a second before he does.

"Hah! I win!" I exclaim.

He rolls his eyes and huffs, we turn to look back at the mountain to see Daelo skiing like a pro, with Jessica and Jaden trailing a little behind. They aren't very fast but they're doing decently well. Until Dae falls. Jessica makes a desperate attempt to speed up to reach her son but ends up falling as well. She tumbles towards him and even from the bottom of the slope, I see relief wash over her face when she sees Daelo laughing. They hat back up and keep downwards. Just then, Jaden speeds by going to fast for him to control.

"I can't slow down!" he shouts.

"Remember the pizza slice!" I yell, "make a triangle with your skis!"

I don't think he hears be as he continues barreling down the mountainside. I put myself just to the side of his line of trajectory and grab onto him when comes past me. We spin about twice before stopping.

"I thought you were Mr. Good At Everything?" I tease.

"Yeah yeah," he responds.

A/N: I'm trying but zero motivation rn also odd formatting is back cause of stupid Qstudio (iykyk) also probably starting a Daniel Ricciardo book, if you aren't and F1 fan then it'll still be a good smutty story to read (: