The Cutest Breakfast

When I wake up for the second time, I'm met face to face with with Kingsley. Paps is curled up in the crook of my neck, seems the two animals have become best friends. I groan and roll over, trying not to disturb the kitten perched on my shoulder. I pick up my phone and see it's 10:00am. Then Jaden comes out of the bathroom in nothing but his boxers, my eyes go wide and I just stare. The woman was too stunned to speak, I think to myself. He looks at me and says "shit sorry, I didn't realize you were awake."

"Hmph, I don't mind, it's not a bad thing to wake up to" I chuckle.

He lets out a small huff-turned-laugh, grabs something out of his closet and heads back to the bathroom. I literally roll off of the bed and onto the floor, then go downstairs to get some water.

"Morning sweets," my dad says as I come down the steps, "where did you sleep last night? I woke up at five to go on a run with DJ and you weren't on the couch."

I feel my cheeks heat up, knowing he won't like to hear that I slept in the same bed as a boy. I just hope for the best and blurt it out, "oh, I slept upstairs with J."

"Which "J" ?" he asks.

"Jaden" I reply casually, trying to act as if it's not a big deal, which it isn't, but to him it might be. Just as he's about to say something, I hear Jayla calling me over to the pool chairs. I head out the sliding glass doors and see all the kids, except Jaden, sitting in the sun, eating their breakfast.

"Good morning y/n/n" says Daelo, waving at me.

"Hey girlie," says Flora, "do you know where mum is?" she asks.

"Yeah, she's in the living room reading" I answer.

"Ok, lets go" says Javon.

"Where?"

"To ask your mom if we can all go to Jaden's baseball practice."

"Oh alright."

They all head inside. "Wait for me!" shouts Daelo as he hops off his seat and follows everyone inside. I'm left alone in the backyard, but I don't mind. It's warm out with a light breeze every now and then. It's weird because if I were still in Chicago, it would be cold and probably raining,, you know, typical early March weather. Georgia is further south though, and supposedly has nice weather year round. I'm snapped out of my thoughts when Jaden sits next to me.

"Good morning pretty boy."

"Good morning babes," he says, passing me a bowl of granola. He takes a spoonful of his own and looks at me. "Please?" he says.

"I can't eat this." I say.

"Just a few bites?"

"No, I can't. I'm lactose intolerant." I say.

"Oh, I'll be right back" he says, quickly running back inside. He comes back out, both bowls still in his hands. "I just offered this to the people inside," he tells me, "and they told me you aren't lactose intolerant." He continues. He passes me the granola again with a stern but sweet look on his face.

"Sorry," I mutter, looking down.

"Don't be sorry Sunshine, just try, alright?" Sunshine. That's a new one. I quite like it. "Here, I'll have the first bite." He picks up his spoon and brings it to his mouth. I stir the clusters of oats and seeds sitting in the milk. "Ok, how about this, we have a conversation to distract you a bit, and you have at least four spoonfuls, full ones," he suggests. I nod in agreement.

"So how was your sleep?" he asks me.

"It was good, your bed is very comfy. You?" I say, then have a bite.

"It was nice. You give good cuddles," he says with a big smile on his face.

"What'd you dream about?" I ask.

He gets a bit flustered and stutters a bit until he lands on "I don't remember."

"Hmm, I think you do," I say, teasing him a bit. He avoids eye contact with me as I have another spoonful. He looks around, glancing at me a few times. I chuckle and keep eating.

"Did I-" he starts.

"Yes, yes you did," I laugh.

"Oh god, I'm so fucking sorry," he says, his face now very red. "You know what though?" he asks. "You finished your breakfast, I'm proud of you."

I look down at my bowl and see it's empty, "thank you," I say, smiling as he leans in to give me a kiss.

A/N: PLEASE- this chapter is too cute. Not me fangirling over my own book... oops. Chapter 10 in the works right now! And it will be longer so dw :)