S1 E3: The Asset

2012 The BUS

Joy spins in a chair besides Fitz and Simmons in the lab, she can distantly hear Skye and Ward talk about training, however she's more interested in the discussion between her two friends about a new night-night formula.

"What did your S.O. give you guys for morning drills?", all three heads snap to Ward when he speaks and excitement rushes through the trio.

"Oh, atomistic attribute drills", Simmons starts their answer

Followed by Joy, "yes, we'd name the mechanical, chemical, thermal-"

"and electrical properties of materials" Fitz finishes her sentence, none of them noticing Skyes face drop and as she turns to a smug Ward. 

A 'ding' sounds through the BUS and Mays voice does through the speakers, "changing course, briefing in three".

"Ah, looks like we're on the move", Fitz begins to lead the trio up the spiral staircase. The three sit on on the couch waiting for Coulson to start their mission brief, Joy plays with the edge of her skirt in boredom.

 The three sit on on the couch waiting for Coulson to start their mission brief, Joy plays with the edge of her skirt in boredom

"A few minutes ago a S.H.I.E.L.D. transport was attacked while carrying a priority red protected asset off Route 76 near Sterling", Fitz whistles after Coulson speaks, and Simmons shakes a look with Joy.

"Priority red?"

Coulson continues, "The asset was Canadian physicist Dr. Franklin Hall", he shows the face of a man on his tablet to the team, "know for his work-"

Joy cuts him off, "Frank, oh no", the team look to JoyFitzSimmons, who are all shocked by the news.

Fitz continues on after Joy, "Dr. Hall? He was our chemical kinetics advisor our second year"

Simmons finishes for them, "Yeah, he's so enthusiastic about science, we just adored him. We can rescue him, can't we?"

Coulson looks at the science team, "he's one of ours. we're gonna try", the three share a relieved smile at this.

"And the attackers?", Wards deep voice speaks up.

"Invisible", as Coulson says this, he walks away.

Skye opens her mouth in excitement and looks to JoyFitzSimmons, "wait, invisible? Cool", she then looks to Ward and sees his glare, "but terrible"