S1 E19: The Only Light in The Darkness

2014 Providence

The team gathered around a shirtless Ward as Joy patched him up, "this might scar", the blade dabbed one of the cuts on his face.

Skye smirked, "at least you'll look like a badass", Joy shot her an amused grin as she worked.

Fitz leaned forwards, "he's gonna be fine, though, right?", Simmons pushed him back, holding a dish of supplies in her hand.

"He will if you back up and give Joy some room"

Coulson then joined, "so, what then?", he wanted Ward to continue with his retelling.

"By the time we got to the Fridge, it was too late. It was overrun. HYDRA everywhere. We could stop them"

May looked at Ward, "what were they after?"

"Everything. They took weapons, alien artefacts, anything they could grab"

Coulson nodded, "I assume that means the prisoners are no longer prisoners?", Ward gave a nod and Coulsons head dropped in despair.

Skye shared a look with Joy before asking her question, "so Ian Quinn?"

Ward looked at the hacker, "I'm sorry", he then looked through his lashes at Joy, "he's out. They all are"

Fitz was the next to ask a question, and the answer was one everyone was waiting to hear, "and Garrett. Did he get away?"

"Couldn't stop them from taking the Fridge, but I wasn't gonna let Garrett walk, not after what he did"

Skye furrowed her brow, "is he the one that did this to you?"

Ward nodded at her, but his eye misted over, "he was a tough son of a bitch"

Joy continued to work but had to ask, "'was'? Past tense?"

"As soon as I had the upper hand, I put two in the back of his head", Fitz nodded at Wards words, "one from me", Ward looked to Trip, "one from you"

Trip shrugged, "I would've emptied the mag", Joy then began to pull of her gloves before brushing off her jeans and straightening her jumper.

"Well, you're all good... as good as you can be with two cracked ribs and a zygomatic fracture", Ward smiled at her.

Simmons looked at the team, "for those of you who don't know what that is, it's a hairline-"

"Fracture to the cheekbone", Trip ended her sentence and the two shared bashful smiles.

Ward stood, and Joy looked up at him, "you need to let your body heal... please give it time", the man nodded at her and took his shirt from her hands.

"Understood. Thanks", he then held up the hard drive from the BUS, "ah. One small victory, HYDRA didn't get their hands on this"

Trip squinted, confused, "a hard drive?"