S1 E8: The Well

2013 Greenwich, England

Simmons was talking to Joy, Fitz and Ward as they looked through rubble, "In ancient times, people believed the heavens were filled with gods and monsters and magical worlds. Then, as time passed, those beliefs faded into myth and folklore. But now we know the stories were true. Other worlds, with names like Asgard, do exist. And beings once revered as Gods, like Thor, have returned. Leaving us with more questions and an enormous mess to clean up".

Ward then dumped a box of rubble before them, "don't say I never gave you anything", he smirked at Joy who smiled back.

Fitz squatted on the ground, scanning chunks, "checking for alien spectrographic signatures, one teeny rock at a time"

"A necessary precaution", Ward looks at the man, "we don't want anything alien getting in the wrong hands"

Fitz looked up to the other man, "still, this is definitely the type of work a monkey could easily do"

"You're our little monkey", Joy looked up to the man, smiling at his cute sentence, she then grabbed her phone from her bright pink, dress pocket, seeing the name 'home' she silenced the call.

When she looks up she sees the 'should of answered it' looks from Fitz and Simmons, she gave them a quick, sarcastic smile, "don't look at me like that. I'll talk to them at some point"

"Talk to who?"

She looked over at Ward, "Mum and Dad. They want to know what happened here" she gestured at the destruction around them, "but I don't completely know what happened. And I haven't really spoken to them since I had the virus. and if they knew what had happened then, it would just scare them even more, so, why should I waste any of our time?"

Fitz device beeped loudly, Simmons looked at him, "Fitz, is that, um-"

"Definitely not from here. Another piece of the ship" Ward took the piece from his hand, What are you doing?"

The man sprayed the piece, "out of sight..." he placed it into a case, locking it in, "... out of mind", he looked back at the trio, Joy looking away at the thought of alien materials, "it's why were here. To keep everything under control"

 To keep everything under control"