S1 E14: T.A.H.I.T.I

2013 The BUS

As they got closer to landing, Joy decided that she needed to speak about what happened in Italy to someone; she didn't want to go to Fitz and Simmons- they were too close, she didn't want to of to Ward- they were too involved, she didn't want to burden Coulson with more worries and Skye... well it's obvious why she couldn't talk to Skye. So that left her with one option.

May was sat in the cockpit, when a knock made her turn to see Joy, "hi?", the blonde spoke quietly making May point to the co-pilot seat, "wow... I can see why you spend so much time up here... it's beautiful", May could see the doctor twisting her fingers, almost painfully, "my dad always told me, that if I need to speak to someone, speak to someone I trust and know will listen"

May nodded, "okay, I'm listening"

Joy took a deep breath, "once we land I'll be involved on the operation to save Skyes life... and I need to clear my head so I don't make any mistakes", her blue eyes stayed focus to the rolling clouds outside the window.

The woman beside her spoke softly, more softly than Joy had ever heard May speak ever, "is this about what happened in Italy?", Joy nodded, "I saw the marks, but it's your choice to speak about it", the blonde nodded again, and took a calming breath.

"It's not the first time a man has tried things with me... but it's the first time I couldn't get away from it... what he did to me has changed something inside of my soul, almost as though something has been taken away from me... but I know I can get past what happened, what I can't get past is that...", a single tear ran down her cheek, "what I can't get past is that Skye is now suffering because I didn't save her... it's my job to stop things like this happening, she should be up on her feet making all of our lives brighter, but because of... because of my failure, she's down there, clinging to life"

May gently grabbed the girls hand, "look at me", the blonde didn't move, "Joy, look at me", one she was looking into the endless blue of Angelas eyes, she spoke, "first of all; what happened to you should never happen to anyone, as a woman I know what men are like and you don't need to sweep it away, use it, use it to fuel you. Secondly; no one on this plane, including Skye bales you for what happened, you were completely restrained and recovering from something traumatic... when Skye's better and I know she'll get better, she'll tell you the same thing", May didn't break eye-contact once, "and you want to know how I know she'll be better?", she squeezed the blondes hand, "because of you... you're a miracle worker", she even let a small smile slip, "out of everyone on this plane, it's probably you I admire the most", her words made Joy scoff, "it's true... I've seen how you always put everyone else first, helping us all no matter what... I've also seen how you react to Wards flirting", a small smirk lifted Mays lips as Joy blushed lightly, "you denying him in order to be the best you can is why I respect you so much... so no matter what happens I need you to know that this team is extremely lucky to have you", her words made a small smile grow on Joys face, "I'm always here for you to talk to, okay?", the blonde nodded before May squeezed her hand again with a smile, "now, go get some rest, we'll land in an hour", Joy smiled gratefully, wiping the few tears from her eyes before leaving.

 so no matter what happens I need you to know that this team is extremely lucky to have you", her words made a small smile grow on Joys face, "I'm always here for you to talk to, okay?", the blonde nodded before May squeezed her hand again with a ...