S1 E6: FZZT

2012 The BUS

Joy stands beside Coulson, monitoring his stats as he runs on a treadmill, "you're working up a good sweat, sir"

The man looks to her, still running, "I don't sweat, I glisten"

Joy smiles at him, then looks over his vitals, "blood pressure, heart rate, biochems, all normal. All that's left is the blood test", Coulson turns the treadmill off, and slowly stops running.

"You should know, I'm not a fan of getting poked"

Joy smiles again, "don't worry, I'll be gentle", Coulson gains a small smile from this and watches her read her tablet, "sorry, sir, have you been feeling a little under the weather lately?"

He watches her move the devices from his body, "why?"

"Well, I noticed from your chart that you're not scheduled for a general physical for another three months"

Coulson shrugs at her, innocently, "I made a mistake, took a call from my physical therapist. Asked how I was feeling, I said 'a little rusty'. Next thing you know I'm wired to this hamster wheel", he gestures to the treadmill and the wires attached to it.

"Well, be sure to tell your physical therapist that you're fit and ready, and above the average for your age bracket"

Coulson squints at her, "my age bracket?", Joys eyes widen slightly, "what does that mean?"

The blonde smiles, shaking her head slightly, "doesn't matter. You're all good, sir", she hands him a towel, "lets get some electrolytes in you", she follows him from the cargo bay.

She passes by Ward who had just left the lab and smiles at him, when she reaches she sees Skye laughing at Simmons who was hunched over with her arms on her hips, a strange look on her face.

"So, Ward was here?", she looks to the gun, "what's he have to say about the night-night pistol?", she places her tablet down and brushes down her shirt.

Simmons scoff, "yeah"

Fitz turns to her, "oh, yeah, he said it was an ounce off"

Joy scoffs too, "right", she draws the word out, then puffs her chest out, and puts on an awful texan accent, "I'm agent grant ward, and I could take down an army... tied to a chair", the group fall into laughter, Skye pointing at the blonde.

"That was dead on"

The door behind Joy opens and Ward walks in, "Hey, hustle up and grab your gear. We're on a mission", they all smile and choke down their laughs, "something funny?"

Joy shakes her head, face becoming neutral, "no, silly, silly Fitz left a dummy round in", she hands him the pistol, "it should be perfect now", Ward takes the gun and shifts into a stance, Joy has to bite her cheek to stop herself laughing.