S1 E20: Nothing Personal

2014 Providence 

Fitz had just watched CCTV footage of Ward and Joy walking onto the BUS hand-in-hand soon followed by Skye, before that May had left the base and Agent Koenig was still missing. After agreeing with Jemma that pancakes was a good start to cheering the rest of the team up, he got moving to the canteen. On his way he passed an image of the Alps highlighted by the sun, and then caught a peek of a night-lit city.

Fitz backtracked and looked between the two, "night?... day?", he approached the night frame and saw the nail sticking from the corner, a familiar golden necklace haggis from it, "Angela?", with a firm pull he dislodged the nail, making the picture roll to day and show the words, 'WARD IS HYDRA' scratched into the sunlit beach.

 day?", he approached the night frame and saw the nail sticking from the corner, a familiar golden necklace haggis from it, "Angela?", with a firm pull he dislodged the nail, making the picture roll to day and show the words, 'WARD IS HYDRA' scrat...

The BUS

While Skye worked on hr laptop, or pretended to work, Joy had moved into the lab to find something the girls could try and defend themselves with, but with all the moving around, the lab was in disorder, nothing was were it should be, so she was having to look in all the nooks and crannies.

"Fitz keeps the candy under his bunk", she gasped and turned to Ward, "but I would've thought you'd have known that", he had a small smile on his face while he talked, "what are you up to?"

Joy gave him a casual smile, "looking for the sat-phone, I was gonna check in with the team, get an update", she pushed some hair behind her ear, "you know I can't rest until I know everyones okay"

Ward rubbed her arm gently, "the doctor in your never rests, huh?", she forced a chuckle at his words, "I've got the phone, I just talked to Coulson a little while ago"

"You did?"

Grant smiled, "yeah. Sorry. Should've told you. They're okay. But the sooner we get to the location, decrypt that drive...", Joy finished his sentence.

"The sooner we can meet back up with the team"

"Exactly"

Joy smiled and walked past him, going over to Skye who looked up from her screen, "it seemed like a smart play at the time, geo-locking the drive. I didn't think it'd backfire on us", she then looks to the blonde beside her, "plus, having Joy being the only one to hold the password means she has to be away from her post as medic"

Ward approached them, "it hasn't backfired. The drive is supposed to be impossible to crack", Skye continued to type as Ward settled on Joys shoulder, "pretty specific coordinates, though. You could've picked anywhere in the world. Why a random diner in LA?"

Skye swallowed before she turned to look at Ward who rested comfortably against a counter with Joy in his arms, "it was already built into my encryption, never changed it. But it's fitting. It's where I met Mike Peterson. It's where this whole S.H.I.E.L.D. roller coaster started. Plus, tactically, what do you look for in a drop site?"