S1 E4: Eye Spy

2012 The BUS

Joy stands in the lab, watching Ward check the new night-night bullet out, Simmons stands beside her, they both watch the brunette look over the blue bullet, Fitz hovering over his shoulder, "I only get one shot. And it has to knock a person back, as well as out"

Fitz turns and grabs something, "Which is why we're perfecting this little beauty", Wards eyes drifted to Joy, admiring her rose-gold jumpsuit, his attention goes back to Fitz as the younger man holds up a rifle, ".45 caliber cartridges, semi-automatic", he pulls out a mag, waving it in Wards face, "each mag... Contains eight therapeutic rounds of Dendrotoxin"

Joy smirks widely at Ward, looking up from her notepad, "just in case you miss", Ward narrows his eyes at her, a hint of playfulness in his brown pools, "

Joy smirks widely at Ward, looking up from her notepad, "just in case you miss", Ward narrows his eyes at her, a hint of playfulness in his brown pools, "... you never know"

Ward then reaches out to take the gun, but Fitz pulls it to his chest protectively, "Yeah, w-we're gonna have this new night-night pistol working in no time. Okay?"

"Great. One thing, we're not calling it that", once Ward says this he goes to leave the lab, Simmons and Joy smile with glee.

"Ah, told you"

"100% agree"

"Yes we- yes, we are", Fitz raises his hand at the leaving man.

Whilst Coulson, May and Skye went to the scene of the crime, Joy decided to go to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water, when she turns she comes face-to-face with Ward, "oh, hey", she leans back against counter, "you need anything"

Ward quickly looks her over, "a bottle of water", Joy tilts her head making Ward smile, "... please", the blonde bends down to take a bottle, Ward shifts, eyes widening at her position.

"Here you go", she hands him the water, scanning his face, "you feeling okay?", she steps towards him, her heels giving her some extra height, "you're looking a little red", she begins to smirk at him when a chime comes from Wards phone, "saved by the bell", the words are whispered tauntingly.

Ward reads the message over, "Akela Amador, Coulson want me to find her", he looks at the blonde genius, "if you're not busy, I could use a hand", Joy nods at him and follows him into the planning room. The two begin to sweep S.H.I.E.L.D. databases, checking local surveillance before they finally find a lead.