Troubling dinner

(Third person POV)

Everyone took turns in passing around platters of food. The long table is littered with fish, chicken, rice, and vegetables. Bonnie kept her posture straight and confident as she takes a bite of fish. Her eyes closed automatically from the flavors. She does open them to connect with the mysterious host.

"Um, ladies, how is the food?" Elena is cutting earnestly into her chicken as Caroline takes small bites. Bonnie takes a sip of water.

"The food is a little too spicy for my taste," Caroline said to him that making him lean a little forward over his food.

"I thought a saucy mouth loves spicy food. Am I wrong Elena?" he made the long hair brunette eyes widen from being put on the spot.

"I think everyone has a right to their own opinion," Elena said simply before stuffing more food into her mouth. Bonnie uses a white napkin to disguise the huge smirk on her full lips.

"Bonnie? any thoughts?" the witch almost dropped her napkin from the spotlight turning to her.

"No comment, I do not want to be much of a talker tonight. Just want to eat in peace." Bonnie cut a small corner of the fish to shove in her mouth.

"Peace can be boring at times. I rather spark conversations to know each other better." Mr. J stroked the stem of the wine glass filled with red wine.

"You mean to spark fires, not conversations." Bonnie kept the fork position in front of her mouth from Caroline's comment. Elena tried to cover the laugh with a cough. Mr. J turned to Caroline in interest.

"I do not like the name "Caroline" for you. I much rather use the name hellcat." Caroline gritted her teeth at the man as he laughed at the blonde's expression.

"Caroline, just let it go," Elena said trying to be the peacemaker stuck between two supernatural beings.

"Can we have wine?" Elena asked gesturing to the wine glass in front of the host. The man clapped his hands for the appearance of servants coming from the kitchen to place wine glasses filled to the brim in front of all three ladies.

"Wow, you must have been prepared. Is it rat or roach poison in these glasses?" Caroline asked sarcastically. A light chuckle left the host in a suit.

"Neither, if I wanted you all dead. I would let the plane be boarded to crash into the side of a random mountain. Hopefully, loved ones can find parts in the crash." Elena winced from the mention of crash and death. She leaped by draining the entire glass in front of her. Caroline and Bonnie looked at her in shock forced a burp past Elena's lips, she let out a small laugh.

"Hey guys, this is good! Try it!" she raised the glass to both of them. Bonnie looks deep inside the glass to find nothing out of the ordinary. She took a cautious sip then look at Mr. J that gazed deeply into her. Bonnie guzzles the rest of the wine. Caroline stands up with the wine glass in hand.

"Ladies, asshole, I would love to indulge myself in this rich red glass of wine. Then again, I do not like one-fourth of the company." Caroline poured the wine glass on the table to the mixed feelings at the table. Amusement, embarrassment, and shock. Bonnie could not stop laughing as Caroline made her exit upstairs.

"Besides Caroline, would you ladies like to go on a boat ride?" Bonnie shook her head as she stood up.

"Caroline is right. We have to keep this professional. A boat ride is not for me." Bonnie grabbed her food to head upstairs to eat alone and remove the dress. She continues to feel his eyes heating every core in the light brown body. She kept ignoring it as she walked upstairs.

"Wait! I got more wine!" Mr. J shouted to Bonnie's back. It was too late as she reached the top of the stairs. The man sighed as he turned to the doppelganger.

"Are you leaving?" Elena shook her head at the question.

"I would like more wine and a night of the sea. I am fine with it." She gave a small unsure smile to the man, not knowing how this night will turn out.