Chapter 1

Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, and your actions louder than your words.

That's what mom always said to me before I went to bed as a child. I always wondered why she'd tell me something like that, but looking back, it makes sense now. As a child I was always fascinated with the mortal beings of a place my mom referred to as Earth. Her and Grandpa would recount endless stories of their lives on this strange planet.

Unlike Neverland, Earth wasn't one big island, but many of them all connected by the ocean. They had little to no magic there as well, curious, how do they get anything done? And there are no more Dragons, the humans having hunted the rest to extinction. Only me, mom, and Grandpa are the ones left of such a noble, powerful race. And not to mention, they actually grow old, not here though. Here we live forever and never have to worry about the end of our youth. We stay young, strong, curious, and wild as ever.

I'm not exactly sure why I was so captivated by this place, but I was and that led me to sneak passed dad's Shadow and visit that strange world. It was the first time I had ever left home, and that fateful encounter was terrifying beyond reason.

Mom always said it was a place washed with greenery and wildlife. But she was wrong, it was nothing but a wasteland. Nothing green grew, no animals scampered around or flew through the air, nothing like that at all. I nearly had a heart attack when a hologram shone in the sky, a face of a woman covering the air above me.

"Today is Monday, August 25. The year is 9012, almost 7,000 years after the world catastrophe befell. To any survivors of the attack, we urge you to come to Washington D.C. and join us in our struggle to regain humanity." And just as quick as the lady appeared, she vanished. I heard shuffling behind me, so I turned to see who or what it was. I instantly regretted my decision.

It was horribly mutated and was falling apart at the seams. Skin hung off its body like curtains, rotten and oozing a black gooey substance. The blistering sun burnt the thing further, adding an acrid stench of death and decay. Whatever it used to be was gone, the one remaining eye it had was bloodshot but looked like it was once intelligent.

The once white, crisp coat it was wearing was now brown and dingy and was only held on by its elbows. A plastic tag swung back and forth, the picture of a nice looking woman who's name was Anne Himer. If you compare the two, it was like saying a chicken was a shark.

I backed up but stumbled over something half buried in the ground as it lurched after me, gnashing what was left of its teeth hungrily. Bone fingers reached for my arm as I jerked out of its reach.

"What are you?" It didn't answer, just leaned out and gripped my shoulder with a vice-like hold, nearly breaking the bone. In a panic, I blew bright blue fire at her, setting the once living woman ablaze instantly. She screamed and floundered on the ground in an attempt to put out the flames, but it was to no avail, she burned to nothing but a blackened shell.

"What happened to this world? Mom said it was beautiful." I hope she didn't mean this. I heard a gun cock behind me and I internally hoped it was something that was actually alive and not trying to eat me. I turned around and was met with the barrel of a shotgun aimed right between my eyes.

"Who are you and what did you just do to that Jabber?" It was definitely a girl, I could tell by the voice. Probably not much older than I am.

"My name is Peter. What's a Jabber?" More guns were cocked around me, how do I not smell these people? A different girl answered my question.

"This burned thing, that's a Jabber. How did you burn it? We didn't see any matches or a flamethrower." I shrugged and smirked a bit, my more cunning Dragon side shining through. The girl before me pushed the shotgun further against my forehead threateningly.

"We don't have time for you to be stupid. Sun's about to go down and we need to get back to Base, so just tell us how you burned the Jabber and we won't blow your brains out." I chuckled and smiled mischeviously.

"I dare you." I grabbed the end of the gun and pushed it hard against my skin. "Come on, not so tough are ya?" Another gun was held to the base of my neck. "Now, this is truly unfair." I formed my tail and knocked the person behind me backwards then quickly made my tail disappear.

"How'd he do that? He didn't even touch her!" A boy asked and I turned towards his voice. He was tall and lanky, brunette with big green eyes. His weapons was an automatic rifle.

"That's a really good question isn't it? How did I do that? Riddle me this, if any of you can tell me how I threw that girl, I'll tell you how I burned that monster." There were many answers but none about a Dragon tail.
"Does it really matter? We need to go now, screw how he burned the Jabber." They lowered their weapons but still held to them as they headed East. I walked quietly along behind them.

"How do you think he did it, Snow?" Asked the boy who I talked to earlier. Snow was a ginger girl with blue eyes and a shotgun, probably the one who held it to my head.

"I'm not sure, Killian. I was a mere inch from him and I have no clue." I smiled devilishly to myself. Lifting my face, I sniffed the air. I mostly smelled the people ahead of me and the stench of rotting flesh. But I did catch a small wisp of something, and I don't think it's friendly. The girl who ordered the departure was almost to the crest of the hill when it appeared from her right side. It wasn't a Jabber either.

The creature was like a dog but one that had been long dead and suddenly came back. Patches of flesh was missing, showing bones and organs, it was foaming at the mouth and both eyes were white. It bared sharp teeth and leapt into the air, it's next victim was the first one it saw, the girl.

Down to Earth~ Sequel to Peter Pan's Dragon GirlOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara