Chapter 18

Elias p.o.v

"The Dark One? I'm surprised you lived this long. How long has it been since you went to Neverland without permission?" I place my hands behind my head as I smirk at his angry expression.

"Not long enough. When your mother drove us out of that disgusting place, everything went wrong. The water began to evaporate away and no amount of magic could replenish, not even the mermaids could keep it on the ground. Thousands died of dehydration only to be resurrected by a horribly vicious disease that ravaged their flesh. But they were still dehydrated, and with no water to drink they turned to their only way to slate their thirst: humans. Humans ate humans, and became more monsters dying of thirst but could never die. The entire world fell into chaos, a great civilization brought to its knees by its own greatness. And it's all your fault."

"My fault? How can it possibly be my fault? I don't even live here, remember."

"How old are you exactly, Elias Peter Ren? I'm estimating around 7,000 years old in the earth timeline correct?" I shrug to show that he isn't wrong but neither will I agree with such an untrustworthy monster.

"I though so. Well this whole end of the world party started 7,000 years ago. The day you were born to be exact; October 13. You being born on a world where nothing changes upset everything in the cosmos of every world around it. I ran from here to the other worlds in hopes that they were unaffected by the disease you caused, but nothing was safe. Not the Enchanted Forest not Wonderland not even Candyland was exempt. Do you have any idea how hard it is to watch your entire family wither away and return to die by your own hands? Of course you don't, you live on the island that can never die! I cannot die, and so therefore I am forced to watch this universe crumble to the dust it started out as, all because you live and breathe."

"It isn't my fault you couldn't play nice with my parents. If you did I'm sure they would have let you stay if you asked kindly enough and groveled at their feet like the cowardly dog you are." He bared his teeth at me in rage and leapt off the railing.

"You have no right to speak to me that way, you know nothing of the horrors I had to witness, the atrocities I had to commit. I had to kill my own grandson, he was nothing but pure goodness and I had to murder him. I had to murder them all."

"Then why not kill yourself and be rid of the sadness? Why make a fleet of hormonal dumbasses instead? Did you get bored?"

"What I did is none of your concerns. What you should really be worried about is how your little merry band of humans will see you when they learn that you are the reason their world is the way it is? Will they accept you or throw you out? I know they're hiding down the shore about 15 feet away, you can let them come out now and tell them the truth."

"Why don't I tell them about you? How you terrorized their ancestors and killed hundreds more just because you were bored."

"Do you really think me killing a few hundred people will be the shadow over your billions of humans massacred? My mishaps will be nothing more than a speck in the books of history when I'm compared to you, Elias Peter Ren; The Catastrophe of the World." I could smell that the humans from the Base had moved closer to the boat, close enough to hear every word that Rumplestiltskin had said.

"You know what, I'm getting bored with this conversation. I'm itching to see if you've gotten any better since you all faced my parents all that time ago. She said you couldn't defeat her then, and she's simply a Dragon. I'm the son of Beryl Manstra the Witch Hunter and Peter Pan the King of Neverland, and the grandson to Alecon Black the Dragon King. Rumplestiltskin, The Dark One, you threatened those who are under my protection with your Black Pirates of the Great Lakes. And so, I challenge you to a duel and it would be dishonorable to decline."

"You dare challenge me? Fine, I accept. If you lose, I claim all the powers you withhold for myself. Do we have a deal?" I smirk at his deal, even if I did lose, he couldn't ever wish to contain the powers I have, he couldn't even contain the so called savior Emma Swan.

"Deal. Pick your weapon, Dark One." He created twin khopesh swords and swing them in a large and graceful arc.

"Swords. Then this'll be all too fun for me." I leave my swords given to me by the Base humans in the shoulders of that boy I pinned to the mast and use my magic to create a set of twin Shamshir swords before we enter our own battle stances. He struck out first and I lazily blocked, sparks showering over the wooden deck.

"Now now, it won't be very fun if you keep up with those lame attacks. Try harder, old man. Uncle Felix has more skill than this." I flick out the tip of the blade and slice open his cheek with a smirk. He growled and attacked once more over and over until we were nothing but a blur of blades and sparks. He had splintered his own ships, his rage blinding him to the damage he was causing to himself. He was going to fall into the cold lake with his idiots but I decided to catch him with my tail and fly him to an opposite​ shore than where Snow and them were. I dropped him on the sand and landed a few feet away from him before having my weaponry dissipate into ash.

"Just kill me, please. Put me out of my misery and let me be with her. Let me be with Belle." Cried Rumplestiltskin as he forced himself to his knees.

"You know I can't do that, Rumplestiltskin. If I kill you I gain your powers, you and I both know the consequences of me gaining more power than I have now. I'll run out of space and overflow into the whole of time, burning everything with a fire that cannot be extinguished until only death and brimstone remains. So, you must live Dark One, and make a better world." I walk away from him, leaving him in his defeated state of despair as I make my way back to Snow. Rumplestiltskin screamed at my back as I walked away.

"Just kill me! Kill me and let me be with Belle! Kill me!" He repeated his pleas over and over until I could no longer hear his voice. I push through a brush barrier and spot the Enchanted descendents as they stood in a circle waiting for either me or the Black Pirates to arrive. Snow spotted me and took off at a sprint towards me. She crashed into me with a massive hug and I couldn't stop a laugh from escaping through my lips as I hugged her back with a slightly less amount of ferocity since I'm much stronger than she.

"Was what he said true?"

"I don't know, Snow. But we'll figure it out." But what if he is right? What if all this is my fault? What if me being born was the end of their world?