Chapter 22

Elias p.o.v

I woke before Reine did and gently slid out from underneath her sleeping form then stepped out into the early morning. The first thing I do is try to heal my wing further, but all I could accomplish was getting the pieces closer together and very few had actually reconnected to one another. At this rate, it'll be broken for a few weeks at the least.

The snapping of a twig caught my heightened ears and so I snuck around the overhang and into the trees behind it with my swords drawn. Another twig snapped and I pinpointed where this mystery person was hidden. My sneaky approach was ruined when I too snapped a twig that was hidden under the pine needles. I pressed by back to the rough bark and waited for an attack. The metallic clicking I heard told me that this person had a gun and was cocking the hammer for a shot. I sucked in a deep breath and whirled around the trunk of the pine, swords pressed into the soft skin of their throat as they pointed a Glock handgun at my head. Recognition set in both of our brains as we faced each other and glared with bared teeth.

"You." The boy from the Black Pirates sharpened his hateful gaze and went to stand forward but winced in pain and his free hand wrapped around his ribcage.

"What do you want, freak?" He growls out through gritted teeth. I lowly growl and press my blades further into his neck.

"Depends on why you're here." I noticed that crimson had stained his shirt and was beginning to seep through his fingers.

"I didn't have a choice, I was marooned here. You broke my fleet and left my crew out in the waters to die by the Ossa comedenti. I was lucky enough to find this island until I realized it has you in it. Why aren't you with your whore and her gang?" I restrained myself from slicing his head clean off at the term he used for Snow and her family.

"Your crew separated us all. What's wrong with your ribs?"

"None of your damn business." He hissed in pain as blood gushed between his appendages. With great hesitation, I sheathed my swords and slowly moved towards his wound.

"The fuck do you think you're doing, freak?"

"Helping you, as regrettable as that will be later on." He held his wavering gun straighter and sucked in a deep breath through his teeth.

"How do I know you won't make it worse?"

"If I were to make it worse I would just walk away and let you die slowly on your own. Now shut up and move your hand." The Black Pirate did as demanded and let his hand fall to the dead needles while his gun dropped as his strength failed. I lifted the hem of his shirt to see the same bite that Reine has on her legs making a ring of punctures on his ribcage, the exact same bruising and blackened veins radiating from his injuries. I replaced his shirt and told him to keep pressure on it to slow the bleeding as I returned to the mud bed of healing herbs and brought them with me as I walked back to his hiding place.

I had him hold up his shirt as I chewed the stem and leaves once again. There was no way in hell I was going to use my tongue on this idiot, so I spit the mash into my palm and spread it over his wound, the green paste turning purple with the blood. The herbs took almost immediate effect and a sigh escaped his lungs.

"There, this'll stop the bleeding and eat away the infection." I stood and turned to walk away from the boy, surprised to feel a sense of responsibility over the Black Pirate. I paced between trees as I battled with myself over leaving him there to brave the elements and any other potential dangers.

"I blame mom for this soft heart of mine. Dad would just snap his neck and be done." I grumble as I turn back and walk around the tree to the boy with a sigh. "Get up." He looked up at me with a raised brow of surprise.

"Excuse me?"

"I said get up, are you deaf? You humans are so slow." He pushed up from the dirt and followed after me slowly as I lead him to our shelter.

"Reine, are you awake?" I poke my head around the edge of the rock overhang and see her rubbing at her glazed eyes.

"Elias? Where have you been?" I crawl into the space and check her injuries, hearing the shuffling of the boy behind me. Her bruises were fading and the blackened veins had diminished to a light lavender shade.

"Adventuring. I even brought you back a pet." She lazily lifted a brow in surprise and her gaze shifted over my shoulder to see the boy I brought back with me like a lost puppy. Her sleepy orbs cleared and hardened with rage as she realized who I trailed along with me.

"Why is he here?" They shared glares with one another as she spoke.

"It's not exactly like I want to be here on this island with you freaks, I had no choice. And your boyfriend here made me come here with him." Reine lunged for one of my swords but I jerked backwards to keep the pommels out of her reach. Her actions caused the boy to reach for his gun, which I snatched from his hand and placed in the waistline of my jeans.

"Give that back!"

"Not until you two stop fighting like children. The three of us need to learn to get along at least long enough for you two to heal enough for travel so we can find our respective groups and things can return to their normal catatonic state of hatred between the two of you. Until then, tolerate each other because wether or not we want it, the three of us are stuck here and if we can't work together we will die. Am I understood?"

"Fine. Truce. Temporarily, then I'm strangling you for shooting Doc and Charming and tying up Red."

"Once this truce is over, you'll be dead before you can even think about trying. But until then, I agree with your truce terms."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for not updating this story so much sooner! I just have had a crazy end of the year with finals and college applications and enrollments and all the insanity that goes with being a high school senior! But here is a nice filler chapter to tide you all over until the really good stuff happens!

Also, the picture at the top is how I imagine the Black Pirate Elias is treating with Reine on the island. For those of you who are unaware, that is Will Poulter, very well known for his part in Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader, We're the Millers, and The Maze Runner. Plus, look at the muscles on this 6 foot 3 inch package of wow!

Vote, comment, and enjoy as you please!

Stay crazy my little demons!

Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!