Chapter 8

Reine p.o.v

I shuffled through the darkness of the Base, trying to find out who was else was up at such a godforsaken hour. It's almost 5 in the morning for Christ sake! The sun isn't even lightening the sky and won't for another hour. The light was filtering through the space between the Rinse Room door and the floor, someone singing reached me through the wooden door. It was definitely male, the voice was too deep for a girl.

"Whoa, oh, oh
Whoa, oh, oh
Whoa, oh, oh
Whoa

I'm waking up to ash and dust
I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust
I'm breathing in the chemicals

I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus
This is it, the apocalypse
Whoa

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my system blow
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive

I raise my flag and dye my clothes
It's a revolution, I suppose
We're painted red to fit right in
Whoa

I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus
This is it, the apocalypse
Whoa

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my system blow
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive

All systems go, the sun hasn't died
Deep in my bones, straight from inside

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my system blow
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive."

The water shut off and the sound of splashing alerted me that he was walking towards the towels. When I was certain enough that the mystery person had enough time to at least have on a towel, I pushed the wooden door to the side to see who was up so early.

"I should've known it was you." My voice caught his attention and his head snapped to face me. His shaggy, dark hair was clumped together and dripping water from the ends, dark eyes lighting with mischief when he realized who it was, bare chested with a white towel wrapped around his waist- showing off his six pack of hard abs and the well defined V of muscle that disappeared under the fabric.

"Hello, love. Are you liking the view or did you need something from me?" An eyebrow of his lifted in amusement as I fought a crimson blush and glared across the Rinse Room at the boy.

"I came to figure out who the hell was up so bloody early. And I find my favorite psychopath." His lips curled more in a devilish smirk.

"Actually, love, I'm quite sane. Just a few voices in my head." I roll my eyes at his thickly woven sarcasm. He stood to the side with light sass as he looked me over. I cross my arms over my chest in an odd attempt to cover myself. I don't know why, but I did. I felt like he could see through my clothes or something- which wouldn't surprise me to be honest.

"What were you singing earlier?" Peter tightened the towel and sat on one of the many benches that lined the room, motioning for me to sit with him. I smirk at him but follow, making sure the bench was dry before sitting a few inches from his bare side.