Chapter 14

On Neverland

Beryl was pacing just outside of hers and Peter's tent anxiously. Her son was stuck on Earth without her and only the High Ones know what could happen to him. There was a reason she told him the stories, and that was because they were just that. Stories. She knew that the planet outside of Neverland's borders was falling apart, but she never imagined Elias to actually leave the island.

"I should've known he would do this! He was always fascinated by my stories, what made me think he wouldn't try to see the world dad and I used to live in?!" Arms snaked around her waist from behind and a chin dropped down onto her shoulder.

"You need to calm down, love. Elias will be fine and you know it. He was taught by the best after all. I just need to work out a good time to get him."

"Why not now?"

"Because if I got him now, there's no telling what could happen. The magic in Storybrooke is volatile and counteracts with mine and part of his magic. But your pure magic in our son is what's keeping him alive right now." Beryl turned to face the devilish boy behind her.

"Then I'll go get him. We can't just leave him down there!" His hands moved to her cheeks as he stared at her with his beautifully green eyes.

"And we aren't, we're waiting for the best time." She sighed and leaned into his muscular form.

"I miss him, Petey." Peter smirked and curled his arms around her thin body.

"I miss him too, Ber. All good things to those who wait." Alecon arrived in his tall human form.

"I think I got an idea on how and when we need to go get Elias." Beryl was instantly alerted and interested in what the old Dragon had to say.

"How?"

"Remember when the Wolf Witch was here, and how she said that it was predicted of you coming here. She said Ursula knew, that means she can see pieces of the future. Of you make a deal with her, then you can convince her to tell you." Ber smiled at her dad and looked over at Peter, who seemed reluctant to go see Ursula.

"What's wrong?" He swallowed hard and looked down at the female he loves dearly.

"The last time we dealt with the Mermaids bad things happened." He was alluding to the time Beryl left the camp after she misinterpreted a moment between Peter and Morgana. Or as Ber likes to call her, Speech Impediment.

"We've grown since then. And we'll be together this time. Please, Petey, she might be the only chance we have of getting Elias back." He sighed and nodded, called Felix to the trio, and teleported all four to them to the beach of Mermaid Lagoon.

"Morgana!" The blackened woman appeared instantly at her name, hissing and baring teeth.

"What do you want?" Peter and the others knelt down on the sand at the edge of the water, wary for other hidden Mermaids in the water.

"We want to talk to Ursula. Now." The black Mermaid glared at them, refusing to answer. Beryl growled lowly and snapped out her hand to wrap around her throat threateningly.

"You will take us to Ursula or I will rip out your tongue and do what I did to you last time you made me angry." Her eyes shone golden and slitted vertically. Morgana nodded fearfully and Ber smirked triumphantly before releasing her. She lead them all down into the cave she took Beryl to a long time ago. It looked exactly the same, even the candles were at the same height.

"Who dares enter my lair without an invitation?" Cries out the sea witch from behind her curtain of gooey seaweed. Beryl shoved the disgusting mass aside and marches in.

"I do. And you're going to help me." Peter was happy to let her deal with Ursula, Beryl was scary when she flipped into mama dragon mode and he had no desire to get in her way. Not even Alecon was willing to restrain his own daughter. He knew the feeling of protections over your child, he had been without his daughter for 2 years when she was taken to Neverland initially. Nothing stopped him then, and nothing is stopping her now.

"What makes you think I'll help you?" A low growl filled the room and Beryl went hybrid in her anger. She used her clawed hands to rip things to pieces loudly on her warpath to the woman. Grabbing her around the throat, she slammed her against the rock wall.

"Because you're denying a very angry dragon mom who will rip out your throat and absorb your powers by drinking your blood like wine."

"You couldn't." Her golden eyes burned brightly in the low lighting of the cave.

"Of you don't believe me, tell me no." Ursula had no choice but to believe her, she didn't know the true extent of a dragon's powers.

"Fine, what do you need from me?"

"Information." Beryl snaps as she drops the sea witch to the cave floor. Ursula gently clears her throat before she smirks at the girl.

"So he finally snuck off the island, did he?"

"I want you to tell me how to get him back safely." Ursula scoffed and crossed her arms over her chest.

"There's no safe time to go down to that burned and desolate place."

"I just need the time and the way."

"What's in it for me?" Beryl glared at the Mermaid.

"Is your breath not good enough?" Ursula rolls her eyes and begins her ritual to connect her to the ability to read the future. Gathering her needed ingredients, she started to chant in Mermish, the others in the room joining her. After a few minutes the chanting abruptly stopped and her eyes snapped open- glowing a deep purple color.

"The spawn of the hybrid hunter and the immortal magician cannot be returned until the moon bleeds. You will need to revive an old foe to meet the requirements."

"Who? Who do we need to revive?"

"Muriel." Ursula returned to normal, and Beryl looked enraged.

"Who's Muriel? Ber?"

"Muriel is the strongest of the witches I hunted back on earth. She was the leader of the Circle of Greats. I personally called her the Great Lion Witch. She's the deadliest, most dangerous witch in all history."

"And we can't bring Elias home until the Blood Moon." Adds in Felix, and They all turned to Peter Pan to see when the date was.

"That won't be for another month." Beryl looked on the verge of tears, she had to wait an entire month to bring her baby back to her. Peter stepped to her and held her close to himself whilst making soothingly quiet noises of comfort.

"He'll be okay, Ber, I promise. We'll get him back. He just had to be strong until then."