Chapter 31

Hell is empty. And all the devils are here.

Elias stood staring at Ravenna the Black Queen as she blankly gazed at Reine- correction, Iracebeth the Red Queen. He spotted the monstrous guards in the background made of metal spikes and soulless eyes.

"What do you mean she killed her?" Reine glared at the blonde woman across the throne room from her. The younger sibling felt pure hatred rush through her veins at the very sight of the Black Queen standing so smugly on her own.

"I had a twin sister, Mirana the White Queen. My ancestors had gathered the humans around them into a kingdom of survivors and made themselves the rulers of the land they built. Thousands of years passed by and it came time for my father to choose his successor; Ravenna or Mirana and I. He chose us and Ravenna couldn't swallow her hate for us after that. She opened the gates and let in the Jabbers and Haggards to destroy the kingdom they worked to build and protect. But Mirana had followed her out that night because she thought that Ravenna was leaving the family. Those monsters ate her alive right there in our home. And she blamed it on me, she made everyone believe that I murdered my own twin. They banished me, shunned me. But that doesn't bother me, what bothers me is that I can't even visit her grave. They have barred me from the one thing on this decimated wasteland of a planet that I love."

Elias felt his heart seize up with both sympathy for Reine and a seething rage for Ravenna. She slaughtered her family over something so idiotic as a crown that now means nothing to this world. That was her flesh and blood and she watched her scream and get ripped apart like a dog toy in a pack of wild dingos.

"Dearest Red-" Reine snapped her head up and glared at the eldest Queen.

"Don't ever call me that again! You call me Reine, and nothing else. Only Mirana ever got to call me 'dearest' and I will die before I let you ever speak anything that ties to my sister." Ravenna lifted a brow before turning her bland and uncaring eyes over to Elias with a sheen of hunger over her slate grey.

"Tell me about yourself, lite leketøy." His dark eyes filmed with surprise and amusement.

"You speak Norwegian. Impressive."

"I speak many lost languages. All of us Queens do. You say your name is Peter, but that's a lie. What's your real name, lite leketøy?" Elias tilted his head and slightly narrowed his eyes in calculations before answering her.

"Elias Peter Ren." The two stepped closer to each other like a magnet pulled them together. Reine reached out and gripped his elbow to draw his attention from her sister for a few seconds.

"Wees slim, ze zal niet aarzelen." She watched his eyes turn bright blue and fill with such devilish sadism that she truly feared for Ravenna if only for a split second.

"Goed, want ik ook niet. Pirate, take Reine to the top of the canyon. If I return and she is in any worse condition than she is now, I will give you back to the cannibals. Am I understood?" The boy gulped and nodded before turning to an already protesting Red Queen. She wasn't much of a physical match for the brutish Black Pirate, so he simply scooped her over his shoulder and left without a word.

"Put me down! I said to put me down! Elias!" He waited until she was out of the danger before he turned to face Ravenna once more, his bright eyes blazing with anticipation flecked with rage.

"Oh, lite leketøy, you look angry with me." Elias' lips curled up in a deviously Cheshire Cat smile that showed his ever sharpening teeth that glittered brilliantly in the light.

"I'm not mad, Black Queen, if I was you would definitely know because it will be the last thing you ever see." They took another step forward unanimously and Elias noted that her guards had vanished from the room.

"Is that a threat, lite leketøy?" Ravenna had spotted his change in eye color and the sudden flip of the mental switch in his brain along with his demeanor and she knew that this would be a fight worth having. Her veins pumped with adrenaline and anticipation to start already and skip the foreplay of death threats and pretty words.

"Not at all, Black Queen. But I am curious about something if you don't mind indulging this little toy of yours." The woman softly licked her lips before smirking and giving in to his curiosity.

"Ask away, Elias Peter Ren."

"Why? Why did you open those gates all those years ago?" Her usually bland grey eyes sparked with a hungry fire and they took yet another step towards one another.

"I did it because that kingdom had grown lazy. They were nothing but a hoard of rotting souls who needed to be cleansed and scattered. And because I was hoping that they would carry those good for nothing twins away from my crown. I am the rightful Queen and I will give the world one it deserves."

"They were your family." They stepped together once more and Elias noted that they only had a few feet left between them.

"Family is nothing in this world. Ties like that will make you weak. And family will get you killed. Love is a defect of humanity, a lethal and chronic defect." Elias quirked an eyebrow at her view of something he had been immersed in his entire life. His identity was housed in the few solid facts of Neverland; the Lost Boys looked after their own, family is everything, and Peter Pan is king.

"You had everything, Ravenna. Family, friends, power, a people to help and protect in a world that desperately needs protectors of the weak. And then you throw it all away over a circle of metal that means nothing."

"This circle of metal means power, it means that I am the rightful Queen-"

"A rightful Queen of absolutely nothing because your arrogance and hatred destroyed everything around you. And look at where it brought you, Ravenna the Black Queen, shovelling yourself away in a hole in a wall of the Grand Canyon. Look at the Queen you've become."

He felt pain firing through his abdomen at the same second a massive bang echoed through the rocks. Blood sprayed across his face and neck, but it wasn't his own. He watched slate grey eyes slowly regain the feelings that had been locked away for so long. The first feeling he recognized in her eyes was absolute terror. Then came the pain and the fear as she realized exactly what had just transpired. He watched her crumble to the floor as crimson covered the stone to become her throne she always craved. He then turned to see who just killed his prey without his permission, and was in no way surprised to see Reine standing in the sunshine with a gun in her shaky hands. The light bounced off her hair and the walls, flecking off the tears streaming down her cheeks and chin.

"Long live the Bitch Queen, Ravenna."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Merry Christmas! Or whatever you happen to celebrate around this time of year!

I know this chapter was a long wait, but I had to rewrite this multiple times before I was relatively okay with the level it has reached.

Vote, comment, and enjoy to your heart's content!

Stay crazy my little demons!

Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!